Quantcast

Pray ┌‍∩‍┐‍(‍◣‍_‍◢‍)‍┌‍∩‍┐ day

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
There's a wedding today or something that I'm supposed to be attending.

I should ride bikes in the mountains beforehand.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Got woken up in middle of night and could not get back to sleep for a long time.

A day of lounging and minor maintenance is planned. DSL is on the fritz, have a bed frame to assemble and garage ski rack to mount, and two window screens to pop into place.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Anyone use a tagalong bike for their kids?
something something thin mints joke.

I called it. The afternoon latte with the extra shot was going to cause regrats at about 11pm yesterday. This local spot definitely puts high octane beans in all the drinks they make, and asking for an extra was asking for trouble.

On the plus side, I fueled my local economy by going on a shopping spree. I had been eyeing some new music gear, and the synth shop had a 10% sale, so I pulled the trigger on a few things. Then I saw they had a rare, boutique delay unit that is rarely in stock, so I punched the credit card down again. I spent last night making huge droning ambient sounds.
18530B0E-4162-44BC-A5DE-98B74A50D054.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No, but my kids love the Mac Ride.
I already have a burly trailer. I want something my daughter can actually ride, not just be a passenger. My son is already doing hour long rides with me (6-7 miles). My daughter isn't there yet, she's still on training wheels. And she gets upset when she can't come ride with my son and I. I was thinking something like a tagalong would let me bring her on some easier rides. No off-road stuff with her, but we do have a nice flat paved rail trail 5 minutes down the road

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Went with the wife last night to see Rodrigo y Gabriela . First live show I've been to in probably 15 years. Pretty good show, sound was great, technical prowess on the guitars was eye popping, but meh.... just not a fan of crowds, and Im not a big enough fan to say that the price of admission was worth it. Masking wearing could not have been above 20%.

Since I'm off today, might as well go mow the lawn and rotate some tires.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We use one for a little while with Haley. Only when we're doing longer rides though. She was on her own bike pretty quickly
That's pretty much all I'm anticipating using it for. Been poking around locally to see what's available used.

This is Maddie's first year on a pedal bike. She's still on training wheels. Hopefully this year only. It's been so hot and humid we hadn't been doing a ton of riding over the summer.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
That's pretty much all I'm anticipating using it for. Been poking around locally to see what's available used.

This is Maddie's first year on a pedal bike. She's still on training wheels. Hopefully this year only. It's been so hot and humid we hadn't been doing a ton of riding over the summer.
We have an older folding adams model, including the wee kid seat backrest w/ seatbelt and 2 bike attachments that I've been meaning to Craigslist...

/////Shipping would probably be too expensive relative to overall cost ($75ish pending price police) but let me know if you strike out locally...

1630861767835.png

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went for a hike instead of a ride; then over to the other cabin where the grandparents are holed up so the kids could play on the lake. maybe a ride later or tomorrow before it gets hot.

:wave:

Went with the wife last night to see Rodrigo y Gabriela . First live show I've been to in probably 15 years. Pretty good show, sound was great, technical prowess on the guitars was eye popping, but meh.... just not a fan of crowds, and Im not a big enough fan to say that the price of admission was worth it. Masking wearing could not have been above 20%.

Since I'm off today, might as well go mow the lawn and rotate some tires.
R y G would be on my go watch and listen list.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Got rain? It was raining and humid as hell here.
it was pretty much 100% humidity. It was misting/raining, wet, and we were soaked with sweat...I turned on spandy andy mode as I knew it was going to be a greasy sufferfest, and I was still pretty much soaked to the bone.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Worked 3 hours yesterday getting the Lifts serviced on all the Wheel Chair transport vans.

Today I spent 4 hours in the mid day heat with the Inspector from the insurance company re certifying our entire fleet for another 6 months of transport coverage. There is a lot more stuff to go over since they added in mandatory Covid PPE for all the drivers

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You were short by 1.5 miles. Shame!
I know, we tried one trail that just fucking sucked ass and it took a lot out of us. I will try my hardest to never ride that piece of shit trail again...it's like all 4-6" babyheads glued in the trail from one end to another....it was like 4 wheeling, and I wished I had a fatbike with 7psi instead of the BMC.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Holy Human Dogshit - 1600.00 and won against an eBay shill-bidder.
Have been seeing return to inventory alerts all within a time frame of end of Sept., start of Oct. One popular online store shows February 2022 for their listing.

A) that video had me cracking up
B) I didn't know that was a real auction and somebody was going to pay 1600 for a shifter and brake. I think I paid 1450 for my entire Force setup with a 10-33 cassette.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Had a run in with a fox on my walk tonight. Must have startled it because I got within six feet without seeing it. Could hear it's claws trying to get traction on the brick pavers as it bolted. This one was much bigger then the little grey foxes that I see quite often just after dusk. Might have been a red fox. Too dark to be certain.