Quantcast

Pre Sea Otter Dinner XC Ride Anyone?

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
I put this idea in the sticky thread too. Any monkeys interested in meeting at around 3:00 to 3:30 to ride the XC course? Might be fun to get a ride in together, scope out the course a bit, and arrive at AJ Spurs ready to eat em outta house and home.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Derek and I will be preriding the course Friday afternoon when we get there. We're leaving San Diego at 4:00am. Can you make it earlier than 3:00?

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
hmmmmmmmm... are you bending my arm to take the afternoon off of work (oh please, please, please,... yes that's it, my wrist isn't touching the back of my head yet...)?

Yes conceivably as long as you promise not to drop me in the first 2 miles!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by cliffster5
hmmmmmmmm... are you bending my arm to take the afternoon off of work (oh please, please, please,... yes that's it, my wrist isn't touching the back of my head yet...)?

Yes conceivably as long as you promise not to drop me in the first 2 miles!
Well, I think it takes about 9 hours to drive there, so if we leave here at 4:00, we should be there by 1:45 (stopping at hotel to check in first). I will be dropping nobody, just an easy ride to loosen the legs and check out the course.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by Heidi

Well, I think it takes about 9 hours to drive there, so if we leave here at 4:00, we should be there by 1:45 (stopping at hotel to check in first). I will be dropping nobody, just an easy ride to loosen the legs and check out the course.
I'll go ride...but I'm a slow downhiller!!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Freak

I'll go ride...but I'm a slow downhiller!!!
Won't you be practicing your DH runs? Can you make it 18 miles?:p I've got a tow rope I think I can bring.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington

Won't you be practicing your DH runs? Can you make it 18 miles?:p I've got a tow rope I think I can bring.
hehe....tow rope might be a good thing!!!

My practice is that morning... 8-noon......Then amatuers from noon-5

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
does anyone have a XC bike I could ride??? :D and a tow rope for after about 10 miles in.... :D:D:D

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Originally posted by DHRacer

Cliff'll pull me.. won'chya buddy??? :D
I can bring along my old KHS for you (which I pawned off on the wife to salve her wounds upon my buying a new Santa Cruz a few years ago). How tall are you (the other dimensions I don't need... better left to the imagination... mostly yours I suspect)?

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Originally posted by The Toninator
cliffie you going to race???? is it your first?
Ya i'll be there what time?
Not gonna race cause I'm doing the fun ride with the progeny (i.e. daughters) both days. Some of my buddies told me that the old guy categories were sold out anyway.

I think with Heidi's lead foot on the gas, maybe more in the 2:00 frame. You know we could talk this over at lunch on that Friday. I know a good taqueria in South Salinas.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by cliffster5

I think with Heidi's lead foot on the gas, maybe more in the 2:00 frame. You know we could talk this over at lunch on that Friday. I know a good taqueria in South Salinas.
Ok hold on i'll be right over:monkey:

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Sounds good to me... I'll be bring up the back, cuz I'm even a slower downhiller than Freak....hehehe :D

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Originally posted by DHRacer
does anyone have a XC bike I could ride??? :D and a tow rope for after about 10 miles in.... :D:D:D
I'm bringing 3 bikes. Pick one. OK, you can't use the road bike, and I'll be practicing DH for part of Friday afternoon (after my morning road race), so I guess that leaves my XC bike.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Originally posted by Acadian

dang...then you must be REALLY slow! ;)
Not when he's responding to Velocity Girl's command he's not!!! (when he runs to get her bike for her I think he licks her bike seat when she's not looking... don't tell anyone)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

9 HOURS?

How long does it take you to get to the 5 in LA?

I can get from SF to LA in 6hrs.
Monterey to LA in about 5.
Take the 5 to the 152West. That will put you RIGHT near LagunaSeca.

Oct 2, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by -BB-

9 HOURS?

How long does it take you to get to the 5 in LA?

I can get from SF to LA in 6hrs.
Monterey to LA in about 5.
Take the 5 to the 152West. That will put you RIGHT near LagunaSeca.
She is accounting for LA traffic. We are on the far east end of San Diego so without any traffic it would take us about 7 to 8 hours including bathroom and lunch stops. Since we will be coming through LA near morning rush hour it will add another hour or so.

spokedwheel

Chimp
Mar 16, 2002
Oceanside, CA
Where's the meet @?

Hope to meet up and ride with you all. If not look for the slow, sick looking guy at the tail end of the exp25-29 XC, that'll be me. Anyone else in that race, wave as you go bye?

Don't worry, that's how I normally look.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i want to go anyone willing to drive out here and get me? lol jk good luck to everyone who is going. and please drive safely!

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
I didn't realize that slow dhr's could go! Maybe I'll keep Freak & DHR company on those tow ropes.

Darn! This means I've got to get another bike prepped!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Lucee
I didn't realize that slow dhr's could go! Maybe I'll keep Freak & DHR company on those tow ropes.

Darn! This means I've got to get another bike prepped!!
2:00 start time!