Quantcast

Predictions for stage 15 and 16, let’s hear um!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Ok what’s going to happen in the next couple of stages? Stage 15 looks pretty difficult to me but what do I know. I predict that:
15 – Lance will pull away from the group, IF necessary, in order to capture the yellow jersey. I personally think he wanted it before the d’huez TT. If he does break away it will be just like the last couple, a nice even steady acceleration where he pulls away from the crowd. Basso will try to hang and probably will. He will capture the yellow and keep it.

16 – being fresh from yesterday La will manhandle the group pretty much locking the overall win. Basso will try to hang la’s pace but will fall short. Ulrich will falter even more, even though he’s a great TTist his fate is sealed.

I think coming out of the alp the overall will be locked and everybody else will be racing for 2nd. I think LA will want to win the final TT but with a commanding overall his best action will be to maintain a high pace and finish without incident.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I think Lance has it 95% locked up. I look for Basso to make it an interesting race though. Basso doesn't seem to get a huge amount of help from his team in the mountains and if the Posties can somehow keep him from tagging along with them as they shepard Lance to the Yellow I think he'll be at a huge time disadvantage.

I think Ulrich has no chance of winning the GC and will have to struggle to make it into the top 5 finishers. He has a huge mental barrier to overcome knowing he's not in top forum this year.

If tommorrow's stage is anything like Sat's as far as the crowd goes... well.. anything 'could' happen. That has to be some scarey sh!t with all those drunk/wild people jumping out in front of your bike.

All I know is I am not missing it for anything.....

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
N8 said:
If tommorrow's stage is anything like Sat's as far as the crowd goes... well.. anything 'could' happen. That has to be some scarey sh!t with all those drunk/wild people jumping out in front of your bike.
Scott Sunderland of team Alessio-Bianchi has been writing a diary each day. This is a quote from him after Saturday's stage, "It was no fun being in a group with Mayo. There were too many orange shirts there and so many Basque people screaming at us! They'd been there all day, drinking in the sun and we could smell the alcohol off their breath."

LOL

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
I was cringing watching Saturday's stage, all those orange shirts.
Freakin' crazy!
I think that will be the only thing that can stop LA, a rabid fan.
15-Virenque, he wants his 7th polka dot shirt, has too to keep it
16-Basso, if he has good legs like the past few days
Final TT-Lance
Yellow-Der! LA of course, numbah 6!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Mayo will do well in the d'huez TT, but will lose his arse in the last TT.

Ullrich is done.

Basso is trouble.

Virenque will win another climbers championship (incredible!)

The stage AFTER the d'huez TT will be the touchstone of this years race. He who does well on that day will be smiling in Paris.......so, um, yeah, Lance.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Lance will get DQed for wearing black socks.

Basso will run off with one of the podium girls.

Kloeden will get a hang nail and quit the race.

Jan will find his form in the Alps and win the Tour.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Sock color choice is very important to a successful race, I know I get dropped everytime I wear black. I admire Lance for fulling that off, thank god it was cloudly or it could have been a disaster.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I still think Ullrich will regain a good amount of time but I don't think he will even podium. I;m interrested in hearing what went wrong with him.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Ummm that guy with he bike with only one seat.........

is gunna win.

:D sorry I don't follow it that closely.

I will say the guy who beat LA at the top ofthe climb (Friday? or Sat?) still had gas and LA looked like he didn't have any thing to stop him. I am sorry if this happened more than once recently I think it was Fri or Sat.....just LA and this guy in front at the end....the days are blending for me now.....

So how many days until it is over? :) I seriously don't know....is it like a 2 week race? Those guys are animals....I just don't follow the particulars.

How far is LA back from the Yellow Jersey?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
RhinofromWA said:

is gunna win.

I will say the guy who beat LA at the top ofthe climb (Friday? or Sat?) still had gas and LA looked like he didn't have any thing to stop him. I am sorry if this happened more than once recently I think it was Fri or Sat.....just LA and this guy in front at the end....the days are blending for me now.....

So how many days until it is over? :) I seriously don't know....is it like a 2 week race? Those guys are animals....I just don't follow the particulars.

22 sec, but I haven't checked todays results.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
RhinofromWA said:

is gunna win.

ends sunday dog.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Nitromike said:
He'll still be around, but at almost 7 minutes down, he's not gonna make an impact.
This is a thread for stage wins, not the overall. I've never seen either Ullrich or Armstrong in an uphill TT like tomorrow's. But I do know that while Ullrich doesn't have the acceleration to attack on climbs he does have the pure power to motor up them. OTOH, Armstrong has always climbed tactically. He can't do that in a TT. So it should be interesting.