Quantcast

preliminary photos

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
heya, long time in the works, so here's a few photos, fresh from powder coating. The color is a bit darker in person.

| | |

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
:thumb:

That's alot of headtube. May be even more than mine.
:nonono: That is not something to brag on.

Nice frame Opie. It needs DA bits and some panels though. :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Wumpus said:
:thumb:

That's alot of headtube. May be even more than mine.
yeah, like 200mm. Since I have long leg for my height, that length plus some spacers will put the bars level with the saddle. My builder said that if I ever want it shorter, he'll breakdown the bike and cut a little off.

It's kind of a split between a road and touring bike. I think the chainstays are 430mm. So I can put some luggage on without heelstrike. As you might've noticed, I got rackmounts on it.

So, I'm thinking that if I ever want a more race bike, I'll just build another one with a headtube of 170-180.

Loco, ya know, even if I had the money, I'm not sure I'd spend it on DA bits.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
LordOpie said:
yeah, like 200mm. Since I have long leg for my height, that length plus some spacers will put the bars level with the saddle. My builder said that if I ever want it shorter, he'll breakdown the bike and cut a little off.

It's kind of a split between a road and touring bike. I think the chainstays are 430mm. So I can put some luggage on without heelstrike. As you might've noticed, I got rackmounts on it..
Those are two of many, many reasons one should go with a custom frame builder. I am looking for a used frame for a friend of mind who is my exact height (5ft7) but has an inseam that is 2" longer. So far ZERO luck. Being an educator he has limited brain power and is convinced he'll find the perfect ride off the rack...

LordOpie said:
Loco, ya know, even if I had the money, I'm not sure I'd spend it on DA bits.
At my riding level the only thing I would gain from DA or Record is pride of ownership; not enough to make me spend the bucks.

Will your frame be built up by the time I get to Colorado? I'd love to see it in person. :thumb:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Serial Midget said:
Will your frame be built up by the time I get to Colorado? I'd love to see it in person. :thumb:
Yup! Will be done sometime this week.. fork comes in Tuesday or Wednesday.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I know photos and showing them online aren't very accurate, but what color would y'all say my bike is?