Quantcast

Prescription Sunglasses

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I've finally managed to lose my prescription Oakley sunglasses after 6 years and need new glasses. I still have my amber and clear lenses with appropriate frame, but my second frame and dark lenses are gone.

I need to get a new pair of glasses to cover my dark lenses needs. These double as my day-day sunglasses too, so I don't want to get anything that is hyper cycling. So far I've found Rudy Project, Oakley, Smith, and Tifosi. I generally like replaceable lenses so that I don't need to carry extra glasses.

Can you guys think of any other sunglass manufacturers?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've ridden with Smith riding glasses for years, switching between dark or amber lenses as appropriate.

Finally had to get glasses the end of last year, I've a pair of normal Smith's prescription sunnies that are working okay so far. But I do miss having amber's too.

First normal pair of glasses came from the opticians when they told me I was blind, very happy with the second "spare" paid I got from Zenni though.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No athletic glasses, unfortunately. My next script will be through them though.
Hmm, interesting, considering I was wearing my amber sport glasses from them when I posted that.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Oh rly? I just went through every fucking pair they make.
Something like this? I have another sports pair that looks much more "sporty", but I don't like those ones because there's too much curvature. These are just right for me, without stupid "inserts" or anything else. They also block a lot more light than the lenses indicate on sunny days. Really happy with them.

01e3c60a518cc18b3c07957ddf3ad37e42d12e1e3d.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Something like this? I have another sports pair that looks much more "sporty", but I don't like those ones because there's too much curvature. These are just right for me, without stupid "inserts" or anything else. They also block a lot more light than the lenses indicate on sunny days. Really happy with them.

View attachment 134577
Does it say the name of the model at all on the frame?