Quantcast

Present from the doctor

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well went to see my cardiologist today and he gave me a heart rate monitor. I have to wear it for 24 hours and have these aweful patches on my chest which hurt like hell. It's going to be a pain in the ass to carry around on my belt. The wires get in the way also. I can't wait till noon tomorrow, and I can take it off.

The event button is if I feel something wrong, it will record my heart rate.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I feel your pain bro. A couple years ago when I had my acid reflux, one of the tests I had to go through was aboslute murder. In order to test the amount of stomach acid leaking into my esophagus, they inserted this thick wire through my nose, down to where the esophagus meets the stomach. I had to have that sh1t in for (I think) 24 hours. That was decidedly not comfortable. I had to have a similar test done a couple months later, that one proved to be more painful.

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
I have the same IBM laptop and I can't stand that piece. I'm using my Toshiba right now.

Oh yeah, sucks about being probed for a 24hrs.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
splat said:
Go out for a long ride , and then ask the doc to analyse your heart rate and press the event button right after each climb that way you can keep track of how well your doing on the hills.
I can hardly walk to my bikes, I can't ride the damn thing.