President Bush's weekend ride....

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

Bush Takes to Trails With Chinese Cyclists
JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer
Sun Nov 20,12:26 PM ET

BEIJING - First, it was seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong. On Sunday, hopefuls for China's Olympic mountain biking team got a chance to go pedal to pedal against President Bush in his sport of choice.

"Good day for a bike ride," Bush said as he walked toward the six Chinese bikers — three female and three male — at the Laoshan Olympic Mountain Bike Course. Beijing will host the 2008 Summer Olympics. "How do you say, `Take it easy on the old man?'"

After posing for pictures, Bush was given a tan, zip-up sweater with a leather "Beijing 2008" logo. And then they were off — Bush wearing loose-fitting navy bike shorts and a black windbreaker and the competition in skintight orange-and-yellow bike outfits.

Or at least Bush was.

Sunglasses, gloves and helmet on, he rode away before the other riders had even pulled their bikes off the rack. So Bush — who usually rides out of sight of reporters or cameras — made a few wide loops in front of the waiting media crowd and joked about being a showoff.

The hourlong spin around dusty trails was the second bike excursion of Bush's eight-day trip through Asia. He rode Thursday at a military base in Busan, South Korea.

About 15 minutes into the ride, the pack — with Bush at the front — emerged from around a sharp corner, riding fast down a hill on a narrow trail through scrubby, brown brush.

"Remind you of Crawford?" a reporter yelled, referring to the Texas town where Bush has a ranch. He took Armstrong for a two-hour ride there in August.

"Better than Crawford," Bush shouted back over his shoulder.

Later, the president clarified his comment.

"Compared to Crawford, this trail is a great bike trail and really difficult. It is clear I couldn't make the Chinese Olympic cycling team," he joked.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Did you hear his response when asked why he didn't look as enthusiastic about his conversations with the Chinese leader?

His response was "Ya ever heard of a little thing called Jet Lag?"
I feel sorry for us Americans.....

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
PonySoldier said:
Tiny Penis..Big Ego would be the answer here..:dancing:
:rolleyes:

Lame... if you have been invited to ride with a world leader who's in decent shape on a bike ride, I highly doubt you would push past them just to be up front. It's all about respect.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
N8 said:

Lame... if you have been invited to ride with a world leader who's in decent shape on a bike ride, I highly doubt you would push past them just to be up front. It's all about respect.

Lets also not forget....

How do you know he was upfront the entire time? Ya think they might have set up those photo ops? :think:

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
N8 said:

Speaking of Lame..try to be a little objective and tone down the hero worship....:eviltongu

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
PonySoldier said:
Speaking of Lame..try to be a little objective and tone down the hero worship....:eviltongu

You're just mad cuz the Prez's dedication to riding his MTB is greater than than yours...

:p

:devil:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:

More like their bosses told them to not pass the foriegn dignitary or they would be shot!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Damn, I thought the hot pink/yellow skin suits went out in the 80's...

Thank god Dubya decided not to wear one too.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I finally have something positive to say about Bush. 1) He had the common sense to stay away from the spandex. 2) He finally dumped the toe-clips--for clipless pedals...

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Hey, at least he has disks now. I guess that's what happens when you have a $7 gazillion budget. :rolleyes: Makes it so he doesn't look like a complete retard next to the Chinese cycling team...