Quantcast

Presidential election questoins...and what would come first?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I remember back in my Civics class that to be President one would have to be born in the U.S. But it has come to my attention that the VAST majority of Americans (pre 9/11) didn't know how good it is to live in this country...vs. people would would brave an ocean or be voluntarily (sp?) sold in to prostitution or slave labor to come to this country. So it is my belief that a far greater percentage of immigrants know more about the U.S. (the civics classes that are manditory for citizenship) as well as what it means to be an American than those born here. So why can't they become Pres? Ex. I was born over seas to an American parent. I came to this country at three months old and have only lived in this country except for two years. My brother on the other hand was born hear but grew up overseas. He can be pres. I can't....I think that's kinda fvcked up. Why so?....and don't say that it is because there is a one in a trillion possibility that some rich terrorist can buy his way into the presidency and undermine the country within.

Also ...what do you think will come first....a Black President...or a white woman President?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmm... I've always known how good it is to live in this country.

And as to your second question, I don't think either would happen.

steve

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
As far as the P.O.T.U.S being a native son, that idea is antiquated!

IMHO, the concept while important in 1776 is a moot point in 2002.

As far as question two, a minority male (what ever that means) will gain Executive standing before a woman.

I could give reasons, but why bother, no one is going to be swayed by my posts anyways!

splat

Nam I am
BTW there is an exception to that rule!

But I bet you still would not qualify :D You had to have been born before 1776. and that was put in for one person to become president, who never did.

That being said ? Who was he ? ( Hint , he is the only person Not born in the US , with his picture on US currency )

But things change slowly, but they do. And I feel a Minority male will Be president bofore a woman. Which by the orignal rules as written in 1776, Neither one could vote or Hold ANY office! So things do change.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
I think we will most likely have a minority male before a woman as POTUS.
If I had to bet I would guess a Black or Asian man.

Boy, that'll pi$$ off my Mother and Step Father. They consider themselves Dem's but they are frickin bigots!

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Yeah, I'm thinking a possible order of minority elections could be Asian Man -- White Woman-- Black Man, with a lot of white men inbetween.

I've heard our govenor (washington state) Gary Locke would be a possible contender some time-- he's Asian.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Damn True
Boy, that'll pi$$ off my Mother and Step Father. They consider themselves Dem's but they are frickin bigots!
OMG - it is going to be very hard work leaving this one alone! :D

hahahahaha... :monkey:

The first non white male president was Nancy Reagon, the next will be Colin Powell. :monkey: