Quantcast

Presidents of the United States of America

J

JRB

What happened to them??? I here them on XM on occasion and their songs crack me up. I like songs that mean nothing.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Millions of peaches, peaches for me.
Hilarious band!

They are semi-retired in the Seattle area and friends with Sir Mix-A-Lot. Saw it on VH1 a year ago.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
When I was up near Sacramento last weekend the local radio station was talking about an upcoming concert with them at a water park or something...

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Zark said:
They are semi-retired in the Seattle area and friends with Sir Mix-A-Lot. Saw it on VH1 a year ago.
They had (or maybe still do) a side project with Mix-a-lot. They called themselves Subset I believe. I caught a free show they did at Seattle Center maybe 5 years ago. It was pretty damn good!

To my knowledge they didn't release an album, though they did record some songs. I happened across a couple on Napster back in the day. I wish I could find some more.

Chris Ballew also recorded an album under the band name "Giraffes". I believe he played all of the instruments himself. The band consisted of some of his son's stuffed animals. I never heard the album, but it was supposedly more mellow and kid friendly. Same goofy Chris Ballew lyrics, though.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Zark said:
Millions of peaches, peaches for me.
Hilarious band!

I saw them a few years back with Mix A Lot...I was kinda disappointed cuz its not quite a match in heaven. I was expecting some mix a lot songs and it was a bunch of odd songs.

I thought I heard somewhere that they were coming out with a new cd soon. I always liked those guys...just fun lovin dudes with goofy songs. Speakin of Fun Luvin...anyone remember the Fun Lovin Criminals...those guys were awesome.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Speakin of Fun Luvin...anyone remember the Fun Lovin Criminals...those guys were awesome.

Only scooby snacks. I wouldn't mind finding some of their tunes.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
dh girlie said:
Speakin of Fun Luvin...anyone remember the Fun Lovin Criminals...those guys were awesome.
I never let the cops get wind of me
and I never, ever, ever say die
I never take myself too seriously
'Cause everybody knows fat birds don't fly

FLC is good stuff. I had "Come Find Yourself"...until all my cd's in my truck were stolen. The only FLC I have now is "100% Columbian" and I'd have to say its not quite as good. Although "Love Unlimited" is pretty catchy....

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
pixelninjaThe only FLC I have now is "100% Columbian" and I'd have to say its not quite as good. Although "Love Unlimited" is pretty catchy....[/QUOTE said:
Isn't "Korean Bodega" on that album? I love that song. I lost Come Find Yourself the same way as Pixelninja, to the damn car burglars.

There are some good songs on the album Loco. Particularly Run Daddy Run, Swashbucklin' in Brooklyn and a cover of Eric B and Rakim's Microphone Fiend

J

JRB

golgiaparatus said:
Maybe someone gave the guitarist a hard time about only using 2 strings and he finally realized that he sucks?

:p

Or maybe the drummer slept with someone in the band's girlfriend and things just didn't work out.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
And then he posted it online like a little schoolgirl!

good one, lg!

Thanks (takes a bow) I have some redeeming to do here lately. :o:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
loco-gringo said:
Thanks (takes a bow) I have some redeeming to do here lately. :o:

I can't remember if that was the BJ smiley or not?

What kinda redeeming you had in mind :confused: :help:

J

JRB

DVNT said:
I can't remember if that was the BJ smiley or not?

What kinda redeeming you had in mind :confused: :help:

Embarrassed smiley. Lame posts redeeming. Stosh is back on form though so my lame schit should be soon forgotten.