Quantcast

Press Release: U.S. Open of Mountain Biking Announces RedBull SharpShooters

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

U.S. Open of Mountain Biking event organizers announced today that a new unique photography discipline has been added to the event roster for 2008. In addition to the donwhill and dual slalom disciplines, a RedBull Sharpshooters event will compliment the U.S. Open action simultaneously. Photographers from across the globe will be capturing the energy and spirit of the U.S Open and competing for a high-end, all expenses paid trip (including photo credentials) to RedBull Rage, a progressive freeride competition in Virgin, Utah!

Photographs from the event will be judged live at the official RedBull SharpShooters party and athletes and riders alike are encouraged to attend what promises to be a memorable occasion.

The 2008 U.S. Open of Mountain Biking presented by Freelap USA will take place May 23-25th at Diablo Freeride Park in Vernon, New Jersey. Over 400 athletes from across the globe are already registered for this prestigious event and event organizers have confirmed Sam Hill, Brendan Fairclough, Matti Lehikoinen, Kyle Strait, Kathy Pruitt, among many other top athletes will be in attendance.

For more information about RedBull SharpShooters, please email REDBULLSHARPSHOOTERS@YAHOO.COM

For an event overview: RedBull SharpShooters

For more information including online registration for athlete, team and media please visit: www.diablofreeridepark.com

# # #​

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
That's pretty sick! (sharpshooters contest) too bad Ill be away that weekend (not that I have a chance anyway)

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Count me in!

Quick Question though, this this Include the Qualifier's or the Actual Race on Sunday? Pro or AM, or both?

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Final details will be announced very soon. The event is open to anyone that qualifies for a U.S. Open media credential. (ie, must have professional affiliation with a magazine, company or verifiable freelance)

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Final details will be announced very soon. The event is open to anyone that qualifies for a U.S. Open media credential. (ie, must have professional affiliation with a magazine, company or verifiable freelance)
Am I gonna get any more registration emails for the us open? Because I didnt get a number and all that...

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
I feel I am not being updated on the open to much via email. Is that it with the emails and such? Do we just show up at this point? I am just wondering if there is anything else we need to know before the race.

dhsean

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
Ah yes, it is all in the details.

"DONWHILL" ? :poster_oops:

Forgot to spell check the press release. Damn fat fingers, little keyboards.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I feel I am not being updated on the open to much via email. Is that it with the emails and such? Do we just show up at this point? I am just wondering if there is anything else we need to know before the race.
You should be able to get all the info you need on the website. Just show up and go to registration to get your number and lift tickets, and ride when you are allowed on the track. thats it.