Quantcast

Pressure Cookers

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody using them?

I purchased the Ninja Foodie a few weeks ago which is both a pressure cooker and air fryer and I've been happy with it so far. The Ribs I made were great because they only took 30min and while they weren't slow smoked they were edible in a pinch. I was wondering what you guys are making in your pressure cookers? I'd like to make some soups or chili.

Any tips or tricks?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i'm generally not a fan of pressure cookers, i don't like the resulting consistency on most things (veggies, etc) although i do use our instant pot to cook chicken breasts that i'll use for things like curried chicken salad when you want that consistency.

although i am intrigued on the idea of doing ribs in it.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
i'm generally not a fan of pressure cookers, i don't like the resulting consistency on most things (veggies, etc) although i do use our instant pot to cook chicken breasts that i'll use for things like curried chicken salad when you want that consistency.

although i am intrigued on the idea of doing ribs in it.....
The Ninja Foodi is great for ribs because you pressure cook them and then finish them with the air fryer. Super easy "one pot" kinda thing. i'm sure you could do the same thing with your gas grill to crisp them at the end.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Ninja Foodi is great for ribs because you pressure cook them and then finish them with the air fryer. Super easy "one pot" kinda thing. i'm sure you could do the same thing with your gas grill to crisp them at the end.
i have an air fryer, i could slap some dry rub on them and toss 'em in there to finish them. guess i know what i'm gonna do this weekend. what's the recipe?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
i have an air fryer, i could slap some dry rub on them and toss 'em in there to finish them. guess i know what i'm gonna do this weekend. what's the recipe?
I use this recipe for the timing and temps and modify the liquid in the pressure cooker and of course the rub and bbq sauce.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Any recipes you prefer?
Since it requires liquid to work, we basically use the instapot for things previously crock-pot cooked.
Works great for roasts, chicken breasts etc.

Also things like lentils, refried beans, soups.
Basically, it's great for foods that typically require lots of cooking time.

My kids favorites include pork tenderloin with large jar of pepperoncini peppers dumped on top (pre-cooking) and boneless philipino adobo chicken thighs.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yeah I've seen Brisket and Corned Beef recipes.

I just swap out the liquid base depending on if I want the meat a little sweeter. It's affects it slightly......

When I cook ribs on my grill I use the 321 method and I use apple juice when I steam them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah I've seen Brisket and Corned Beef recipes.

I just swap out the liquid base depending on if I want the meat a little sweeter. It's affects it slightly......

When I cook ribs on my grill I use the 321 method and I use apple juice when I steam them.
good to know.