Quantcast

Pretty sure my MIL now hates me forewr

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
... And it looks like she will not be visiting us again after tonight

So this morning took the wife to the hospital, asked to watch the little one, she agrees and I give her his feeding schedule, and how muc etc... Well she feeds him at 930, I come home at 1530, and little man is just waking up. I ask when he ate last, and she tells me 930. I flip my shit, she says he was sleeping, I am not going to wake him. I remind her tht feeding schedule came from the peds. She says "Thats not how I raise kids, if you want me to help I do it my way. Besides I gave him baby cereal with his milk." So now I really flip, she did exactly what we expressed would not happen in my home, little man is four weeks old and it is way too soon for any type of solid.

I keep it simple, I tell her "in my home my rules will be followed, and I intend to follow what the doctor tells me. If you want to be allowed to help, you will remember this is my son, not yours and if you help you will do it my way, not the way you think is better just because tou feel youcan." She says, I have raised three kids, you are on your first, you would do better to let me teach you. ". I say "well, I sugest you leave now then because your way is absolutely not healthy nor welcome. She gives a quick " oh we will see about that". Ao I give her a quick " well let me put it in a way you will understand my intensity, get the fuck out of my house."

Have not spoken a word to her since, and wife says good job

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Tough situation, but it is your kid and nor you MIL's and you are responsible for his well being. I solved my MIL problems by moving 3000 miles away so I do not even remember when I spoke to her the last time.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
She means well, but its your kid. I have 3 kids too and I would NEVER give a 4 week old solid food. Good for you dude! Congrats on the baby!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You should buy a new bike to help cope with the stress.

fwiw, we never woke our kids to eat.
When the little fuckers were ready to eat they weren't shy about it.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Your MIL wont visit again and your wife is on your side. Sounds like win/win to me.

My MIL can be a little difficult and opinionated at times but they live over 1000 miles away so I only have to put up with her a few weeks a year. I kind of follow my FIL's example by sitting there watching TV and don't say anything that would rock the boat.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Your MIL wont visit again and your wife is on your side. Sounds like win/win to me.

My MIL can be a little difficult and opinionated at times but they live over 1000 miles away so I only have to put up with her a few weeks a year. I kind of follow my FIL's example by sitting there watching TV and don't say anything that would rock the boat.
Bald-Eric... is that you? :D

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Excellent that you and wife are on the same page. Granted, I've had interesting chats with guests at work, one favorite in particular, about child raising, and since he's a granddad, he does have some good/not so good points. As for my MIL?? If you'll recall my "stepkids' dad passed" post, she always favored him. FIL, too. Oh well, their loss, as I think 17 years with their daughter says it all.

Your house, your rules, DM!!!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have the most chilled out friendly MIL sorry its not the case for you. She is so nice I am thinking about when we can fly her over again.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I have the most chilled out friendly MIL sorry its not the case for you. She is so nice I am thinking about when we can fly her over again.
^ This.
Though Sicilian and an attorney, so I have to watch my back, my MIL is awesome.
The was like fucking godzilla when going through menopause though.
Takes the boys every Sunday morning so I can ride too.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Secretly Hate her back. Just don't hate her enough to have her exclude your wife and child from her will if you can.....
In my family you are either with us and contributing to the greater good or you spend the holidays alone and hungry. If you're mad about that, then fine. Go away, come back when you have worked that out. We'll talk then crazy person....