Quantcast

Price of clay/sand by the cubic yard.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
A couple of guys I know and I are thinking about putting together a pump track and I am wondering about how big or small we could go with 12 cu yrds of clay/sand mix.
I have gotten a quote for 12 cu yrds of a clay/sand mix for $180 delivered 30 miles out. Does this sound good on average?

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
?? I am asking for advice from someone not trying to sell me something and that has experience in making a pump track. Hard to find that in the yellow pages.

I know the formula for finding out how much area it will cover and such but being a visual type person the numbers mean nothing to me in regards to putting together a mental image of things.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
?? I am asking for advice from someone not trying to sell me something and that has experience in making a pump track. Hard to find that in the yellow pages.

I know the formula for finding out how much area it will cover and such but being a visual type person the numbers mean nothing to me in regards to putting together a mental image of things.
Go to the NOOB forum.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I bought 80 yards a couple of years ago for my house in Virginia Beach. Cost me about $200 delivered, and it wasn't very much. Two truck loads went fast.

Also, high sand/clay content dirt tends to wash away pretty easily in rain storms. Just a heads up.

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
I bought 80 yards a couple of years ago for my house in Virginia Beach. Cost me about $200 delivered, and it wasn't very much. Two truck loads went fast.

Also, high sand/clay content dirt tends to wash away pretty easily in rain storms. Just a heads up.
80 YARDS for $200? LOam is running around $550 per 18 yards..

Was it two normal sized dumptrucks? Because that would be 36 yards.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Two dump trucks and the bed of my truck full o' dirt.

I got it cheap because someone was getting a pool built, so it was mostly just the coast of transport.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Check around and see if any pool companies need somewhere to dump dirt.
Mind you with the economy I am unsure how many folk pulled a Clark W Griswold this Christmas, but you never know til you try.