Quantcast

Price of gas up to $7.00 a gallon

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
I'd be happy to pay $7 a gallon if I could get the same amount of vacation time and hours a week that many Europeans get. Two weeks a year and 40+ hours a week is BS!!!

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Velocity Girl said:
I'd be happy to pay $7 a gallon if I could get the same amount of vacation time and hours a week that many Europeans get. Two weeks a year and 40+ hours a week is BS!!!
:stupid:

I saw 2 Smart cars this past week. 1 of them was pretty cool looking. :thumb:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Velocity Girl said:

i m not meaning to be rude, but DO IT ?$@#%^

what is stopping ya from having more vacation ??? sh1t, ya only live once... :)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
:stupid:

I saw 2 Smart cars this past week. 1 of them was pretty cool looking. :thumb:
The roads here are lousy with smart cars. They can't sell them fast enough. In the bldg next door, a guy has one. (looking at it through the window right now.

Everyone loves them.

Not selling them in the US though....

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
partsbara said:
i m not meaning to be rude, but DO IT ?$@#%^

what is stopping ya from having more vacation ??? sh1t, ya only live once... :)
Many times that comes down to either having a job or not having a job. The work mentality in this country has become such that if you won't work those hours they'll find someone else who will...so until I can become my own boss...I'm kinda stuck :(

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I'm rural so I have to drive just about everywhere..........I'll just go with the flow and limit my trips. If it gets really stupid I'll talk to my boss about doing 4 10 hour days and working one of those days from home.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Food stamps, unemployment, and 40 hours a week of mountain biking............that's what I'm thinking about now :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Velocity Girl said:
Many times that comes down to either having a job or not having a job. The work mentality in this country has become such that if you won't work those hours they'll find someone else who will...so until I can become my own boss...I'm kinda stuck :(
You *can* make it work. It just takes the right job and the right boss. Oh, and a "devil may care" attitude. :p

Oh - and you have to sacrifice toys and other stuff that costs money.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
partsbara said:
i wonder if mr. bush and his cronies b1tch about the price of gas ??? :dancing: :nuts:

Tell me if I am just talking out of my ass BUT... They drive the big Suburbans, at least like 3-5 at a time when the presedent travels. When gas prices go up, Does it REALLY effect the Presedent. Does the White House have its pre-paid gas card that our taxes actually pay for? Does he care that I spent almost 70 dollars to fill up my car this morning? I have "heard" of "Farm Deisel" which is about $1.50 and is not as good for your engine, but effects won't show. These are the times I got the Ram 2500 instead of the 1500, there is a "Farm Deisel" tank around here. It is VERY illegal, and if you get cought, the Gov't will charge you around $10 every mile on your car.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I am planning on a new car in the next 1-3 months and all of a sudden a 100hp TDi vehicle is MUCH higher on my list of possibilities.
Hope you can find one - they're getting hard to get. I bought mine last year and love it.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
narlus said:
today's a bumper crop in the Lounge.

:think:

too bad i should have been working, i've got a ton of stuff to do.
gotta pay off those 15 credit cards ??? ;)... it s the american way !!!!!! BUY NOW PAY LATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dancing:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
actually, i've got one credit card (lost the other one somewhere along the way, and never got around to cancelling it). yeah, i'm dumb.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
narlus said:
actually, i've got one credit card (lost the other one somewhere along the way, and never got around to cancelling it). yeah, i'm dumb.
yeah, credit cards suck... unless ya need concert tickets or the like... i m in the one club as well... thankfully she s in the black...