Quantcast

Price UT Trail report

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Summit, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Summit

Summit Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Busted down from SLC to Price today to check out the new trails posted on utahmountainbiking.com and on the P.A.S.S. site (price area singletrack society...? I think). Rode Luke's trail, a 4.5 mile out-and-back for a total of 9. Super cool twisty, homegrown tight singletrack. The big bike was overkill but handled it just fine. Really cool to see what the folks in Price are doing; seems like a great place to build a solid trail network. Trail was super slow and semi-tech...more twisty than I would've normally liked but it was a nice change-up. Time to get out there and build some berms, fast flowy turns, etc..! Anyway good on ya Price MTBers.

Some pics:

Was a bit (lot) concerned about the redneck factor. Kinda funny this was the second smashed TV I encountered on the ride! (also scary)

#1 -   Sep 4, 2005

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Heidi

Heidi Der hund ist laut und braun

Rep/Likes:
    25 / 366
    Hmmm, never heard of the place. Is there more riding, or is it a small place? I've always found GREAT trails in Utah.

Thanks for sharing.

#2 -   Sep 4, 2005
  3. Summit

Summit Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    It's pretty small...about halfway between SLC and Moab. It's pretty much the first Utah-style desert riding you can do between here and there, so I decided to check it. Sounds like there is a network of 3-4 decent trails right out of town...not sure about more. I know there are a bunch of ATV/MTB trails nearby in the Swell...

#3 -   Sep 9, 2005
  4. Konabumm

Konabumm Konaboner

Rep/Likes:
    12 / 67
    you guys have some beautiful trail out there

#4 -   Sep 9, 2005
  5. Summit

Summit Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I've lived in UT for about 4 years now...and it's completely spoiled/ruined me for both biking and skiing :D Siiiick access to the outdoors if you can put up with the culture-shock, hehe.