Quantcast

Price UT Trail report

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Busted down from SLC to Price today to check out the new trails posted on utahmountainbiking.com and on the P.A.S.S. site (price area singletrack society...? I think). Rode Luke's trail, a 4.5 mile out-and-back for a total of 9. Super cool twisty, homegrown tight singletrack. The big bike was overkill but handled it just fine. Really cool to see what the folks in Price are doing; seems like a great place to build a solid trail network. Trail was super slow and semi-tech...more twisty than I would've normally liked but it was a nice change-up. Time to get out there and build some berms, fast flowy turns, etc..! Anyway good on ya Price MTBers.

Some pics:

Was a bit (lot) concerned about the redneck factor. Kinda funny this was the second smashed TV I encountered on the ride! (also scary)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hmmm, never heard of the place. Is there more riding, or is it a small place? I've always found GREAT trails in Utah.

Thanks for sharing.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
It's pretty small...about halfway between SLC and Moab. It's pretty much the first Utah-style desert riding you can do between here and there, so I decided to check it. Sounds like there is a network of 3-4 decent trails right out of town...not sure about more. I know there are a bunch of ATV/MTB trails nearby in the Swell...

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
MancilG said:
you guys have some beautiful trail out there
I've lived in UT for about 4 years now...and it's completely spoiled/ruined me for both biking and skiing :D Siiiick access to the outdoors if you can put up with the culture-shock, hehe.