Quantcast

Priceline?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
has anyone ever named their own price for airfare? I am thinking about doing it & low balling my price, but i am not sure I wanna get anything locked in yet & I dont want a red-eye express either.

anyone ever done this?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TN said:
has anyone ever named their own price for airfare? I am thinking about doing it & low balling my price, but i am not sure I wanna get anything locked in yet & I dont want a red-eye express either.

anyone ever done this?
I did it once. It worked fine. However, I would be careful if you don't want a late flight or getting stuck with multiple legs......... you could get stuck with 'em.

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
TN said:

anyone ever done this?
Priceline is only for use if you are VERY flexible on your travel times and you don't care if you have a long ass lay over or several stops...those are the worst case scenarios. What sucks is, you can't put in a price without putting in your credit card...then regardless of whether or not you like the flight, they charge your card and you're stuck with it...

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
dh girlie said:
Priceline is only for use if you are VERY flexible on your travel times and you don't care if you have a long ass lay over or several stops...those are the worst case scenarios. What sucks is, you can't put in a price without putting in your credit card...then regardless of whether or not you like the flight, they charge your card and you're stuck with it...

yeah, that is what I am woried about. but if i can get a $550 plane ticket for $300, it mihgt be worth it to have a 6 hour layover in Toledo @ 2AM, but then again.....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Do you have a Travelocity account? You can setup custom "watch lists" for airfare & jump on the good fares when they pop up (they'll email you when the fares change). Often times the deals come & go in a day.

-S.S.-

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I found priceline to be comepletely useless for the type of travel plans I generally make. But I suppose if you're willing to get jerked around for 2 days just to get across the country on a plane for a few bucks cheaper, it's the way to go :p

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i tried priceline and they wouldn't accept my bids, and instead suggested non-bid packages through them nearly as expensive as expedia (/orbitz/whatever)

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Do you have a Travelocity account? You can setup custom "watch lists" for airfare & jump on the good fares when they pop up (they'll email you when the fares change). Often times the deals come & go in a day.

-S.S.-
their website is screwed up now...everytime i click continue all it does is refresh the page. I checked their prices for the same flight I am looking at on expedia & northwest's webpage & they are $100 more.