Quantcast

PricePoint.com

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
A few days ago I ordered a frame from pricepoint.com. I was debating between model years and fired off an email because of pictures on the site. One model year older had a through axle pictured, the current year did not. I was told via email that the current model only came with qr dropouts and ordered the older frame.

The frame shows up with a qr rear end. I called them and got no satisfaction from the CS rep. I called the sales manager who tried to get me to wait and buy a conversion kit that's coming in a month or so. He offered to email me a return label (shipping would be on me). I asked about an exchange based on my email, the product description, and the picture posted on their site (which has since been removed). I was told that an exchange would cost me return shipping, shipping, the price difference, and tax on the difference. I asked about free shipping and/or no sales tax on a rear hub figuring I had nothing to lose. I even offered to drive the frame up and swap them out to avoid the shipping and was told that they do not deal directly with the public.

So, the long and short of it is Price Point certainly won't be seeing any more of my money. I'm a little angry that an apology wasn't had even though it was clearly their mistake. Such is life I guess...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Damn... and I've always had great luck with them.

If you have the emails stating that the one you ordered comes with the thru axel, then isn't it their F' up? Tell them you'll be seeking legal action (Mail fraud?) if they don't make it right. There has to be some recouse that won't cost you money...

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Weird... iv'e only had one not so great experince with them and that was when i ordered some x-type cranks but it came with 2 left cups.. Called them up sent it back sent me out a left side...good service.

capt.crispy

Monkey
Apr 18, 2006
Farmington,New Mexico
Always been spot on and great to me.I always plan to buy elswhere and end up ordering from pricepoint beacuase they have what I am looking for and are usualy better prices.Good luck bro.

jrfor0

Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
tell your credit card company not to pay pricepoint. when pricepoint calls you up asking for payment tell them you won't pay until you are happy with your frame.

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
Pricepoint is prob. my #1 online co. Sorry you had trouble, try beyond bikes out, you'll love them.

One thing could have avoided all this. NEVER Look at the pictures an online seller has posted. Always go to the main Manf. site and ask them. (most online stores have the wrong/old pictures posted)

BTW what frame did you get??