Quantcast

pricepoint is now my favorite...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I placed an order for a dozen items including some wheels Saturday with a price match request for said wheels.

They generated a UPS tracking number which implies that they've got it boxed up and ready to leave today. Pretty good turnaround, imo, for a holiday weekend.

Also, my previous order of a bunch of stuff shipped within 24 hours.

They didn't pricematch, so I emailed them this morning. Three hours later -- fockin' fast if you ask me -- I got a reply...

Hello Steve,

I am not sure how your pricematch snuck through the cracks, but we will issue the refund back to the credit card that was used to make the purchase. You will receive a refund of $30.00 for the wheelset. You should see the refund on your bank statement within the next couple of days. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Cole Maness
Sales Manager
Price Point Mail Order, Ltd.
www.pricepoint.com
I'd rather they had not missed it, but since everyone makes mistakes, to fix it within a hours instead of days or weeks rocks!

PricePoint, I loves you.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I've been very happy with both Jenson and Pricepoint in the past few years. I order more often from Jenson, but they're both great companies to order from. Very friendly and helpful.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I like Jenson too, but straight up comparisons... PP ships faster (in my very limited experience).

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
I just ordered a bunch of stuff through Pricepoint this weekend as well. I've always been super-happy with their customer service and shipping times.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Yep, them jenson and universal have always been good for me. But i gotta say DansComp has the fastest shipping around.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Pricepoint & Jenson have been really professional for me over the years. I would do business w/ them any time.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Pricepoint is my go-to site. Their customer service has always been great.

Back when my DH bike was stolen I needed to show receipts for the bike for insurance purposes. I ordered everything but the frame from them...5 years ago. I didnt have the receipts. I sent an email, and hour later I had every receipt (and then some) that I needed.

They saved my butt!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
:stupid:

What wheels did you order?
umm, err, another set of Mavic XC717 on XT hubs.

I got my panniers stuck in the first -- don't ask -- and after truing, the wheel started to fall apart again. I'll continue to tighten and use them, but wanted a set that I could trust for long rides :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
umm, err, another set of Mavic XC717 on XT hubs.

I got my panniers stuck in the first -- don't ask -- and after truing, the wheel started to fall apart again. I'll continue to tighten and use them, but wanted a set that I could trust for long rides :)
They have these places called bike shops that can fix wheels and stuff.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
They have these places called bike shops that can fix wheels and stuff.
And to think of all the times y'all flamed me for not doing my own repairs.

Yes, after the first wheel injury, I took it to my bike doctor and the owner said, "hmm, too messed up for me, can you wait until my lead wrench comes in tomorrow?"

He worked on it, had to replace two spokes, but I think I jacked up the wheel real good, again :D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
PP seems to be good peeps. Never had a bad experience with them. In fact, better experiences than with most LBS. :rolleyes:

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I hope all your favorite bike shops go belly up! Don't blame your company if they source your tech job to Bangalor- same way of thinking.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Seems like the big online shops are good to their customers, hints why their still around.

I've had a lot of great luck with PricePoint, JensonUSA, and UniversalCycles.

But now all my orders are threw my LBS (A.K.A. Where I work). Sorry online retailers...I may be back, one day!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And to think of all the times y'all flamed me for not doing my own repairs.

Yes, after the first wheel injury, I took it to my bike doctor and the owner said, "hmm, too messed up for me, can you wait until my lead wrench comes in tomorrow?"

He worked on it, had to replace two spokes, but I think I jacked up the wheel real good, again :D
I have come to appreciate people like yourself. Because of people who can't do things for themselves I will never be without a job. And if some major disaster ever happens, I will be able to kill you and take your stuff.

;):busted:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I can't fix my bikes because of time only.

Time I spend fixing up my basement as a bunker with supplies and weapons that'd make dhbuilder, ciaran, and atomicfireball all go hard.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Seems like the big online shops are good to their customers, hints why their still around.

I've had a lot of great luck with PricePoint, JensonUSA, and UniversalCycles.

But now all my orders are threw my LBS (A.K.A. Where I work). Sorry online retailers...I may be back, one day!

It's easy to be good to your customers when they don't talk to you and they pay upfront. You don't have to worry about paying employees to talk to with customers who get information to buy online........... or suck-up the shops spring water and air conditioning during a ride with their new parts bought online. You don't have to worry about kids coming in who you want to help out to grow the sport but can't afford to buy anything. Yeah, big online is great and I hope it's the future so I don't have to reply to anymore of these treads with negativity..

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc

Time I spend fixing up my basement as a bunker with supplies and weapons that'd make dhbuilder, ciaran, and atomicfireball all go hard.
I would think the free wheel truing would be reason alone to buy locally. My arguement is much more difficult with poor kids who know how to do all their own work.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It's easy to be good to your customers when they don't talk to you and they pay upfront. You don't have to worry about paying employees to talk to with customers who get information to buy online........... or suck-up the shops spring water and air conditioning during a ride with their new parts bought online. You don't have to worry about kids coming in who you want to help out to grow the sport but can't afford to buy anything. Yeah, big online is great and I hope it's the future so I don't have to reply to anymore of these treads with negativity..
Just so we're clear, I post plenty of props for my LBS.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I'm working on a triple sub-basement with an arms cash including 20,000 rounds of ammo and 3,000,000 calories worth of beans and rice and an artesian well. I've placed remotely triggered demo charges on all my neighbors house within a 3 mile radius and a low grade uranium dispersion system to fool government types into thinking the area is too hot for human survival.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
because you support them so much, I wonder why you didn't see if they could hook you up. Makes me feel like it's a loosing battle to treat customers well because if you want loyalty, get a dog. ON a personal level, it leads me to never do it full time when I can work for an evil company and not worry about customers. For a true LBS (not backed by big money or guys like me too scared to do it full time), it really boils down to survival and every dollar you ship out of your state or town hurts the true bike shop owners, mechanics and culture. What's really irritatiing is that state taxes and such are legislated to encourage shipping your money away from your home. Doesn't make sense to me- thus the loosing battle.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
because you support them so much, I wonder why you didn't see if they could hook you up.
I've given them plenty of business, so I'm not the least bit concerned.

I purchased several components from my LBS on my last build.

As for this purchase, I emailed them my needs on Dec. 21 and didn't hear back, no biggie. I figure they were closed for the holidays, but I shouldn't have to wait, should I?

Bixxle

Chimp
Dec 29, 2007
Though some may not like BlueSkycycling, I have only had good experiences with them. I ordered a WTB shadow V seat once, which had a slightly wrong description(claimed kevlar corners).

I sent them an email saying that I would like to return it, and they sent me a UPS label. I proceeded to ride with the seat anyways to see if I should just keep it, and managed to tear it.

I sent them an email telling them I tore it so I would not be returning it, and they said to send it back anyways, and asked which seat I'd like.