Quantcast

PRIMA brand electronics

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Anyone out there know/have experience with Prima brand stuff? Particularly LCD TVs. I'm semi tempted by a 32" HDTV.

The guy will give me an upconverting DVD player and the progressive scan cable(?) and the wall mount for what seems like a really great deal. But I'd rather not buy some piece of crap.

Anyone? anyone?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Garbage. My brother bought a prima 32" LCD on sale a few months ago. It died within a day, got a second one, it died within a week and said screw you guys.

When it DID work, contrast was lousy, color saturation was poor and it had weird banding issues.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Transcend said:
Garbage. My brother bought a prima 32" LCD on sale a few months ago. It died within a died, got a second one, it died within a week and said screw you guys.

When it DID work, contrast was lousy, color saturation was poor and it had weird banding issues.
Figures. The one in the store seemed to look pretty good. Plus, with all the stuff he was offering along with it...

The whole package was going to be $1880 CAN +tx. 50 bucks a month no interest. Tempting. But if they suck, not much of a deal I guess.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Trainwreck said:
This was about the only review I could find. Hope it is helpful.
This seems to be a review for a Legend LCD TV. Thanks for the effort. I didn't find anyting else in terms of reviews on the net.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
MMike said:
They trying to throw in the TV with the recliner or something?

Jsut go for the Samsung like what Dan got......
Still wrestling with the idea of the recliner.

Think of the bike I could buy with that money!