Quantcast

Primo Comet Tires

colton

Monkey
May 20, 2007
I was wondering if it would be a good or a really bad :crazy: thing to use the Primo Comet Tires for a relatively hard packed Dirt trail? The Comet Tire is a slick tire, but i figured that since the trail I ride is completely hard packed and the lips and landings of the jumps are covered with carpet, it would be a cool thing to try. Any imput would be great.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
run one in back only, up front just go with something like an odyssey Aitken or Fly Ruben. maybe an odyssey Dirt Path or Primo Dirt Monster as well. i run a 2.25 ruben up front with a maxxis hookworm rear which is pretty much a slick with some grooves...it works good on hardpacked trails.

colton

Monkey
May 20, 2007
run one in back only, up front just go with something like an odyssey Aitken or Fly Ruben. maybe an odyssey Dirt Path or Primo Dirt Monster as well. i run a 2.25 ruben up front with a maxxis hookworm rear which is pretty much a slick with some grooves...it works good on hardpacked trails.
What would happen if i had slick tires on the front and back? Would i lose all of my traction because like i said, i ride on hardpacked dirt and carpet covered jumps.:huh:

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
What would happen if i had slick tires on the front and back? Would i lose all of my traction because like i said, i ride on hardpacked dirt and carpet covered jumps.:huh:
you could try it, but it's not going to be that much faster then running a low profile dirt tire up front.

colton

Monkey
May 20, 2007
so, i finally bought the tires. Primo comet tires 2.10 up front and 1.95 in back, and i love it!!! Riding my trails and jumps feels extremely smooth and i think i have more grip than i had before i got the tires. I went out street riding and everything feels like riding on butter. Well, not slippery, but everything feels sooo smooth and the traction is amazing. Then i rode at our skate park and loved it as well. The park is made of a slick cement and woodward metal/material and the tires still stuck. I just started learning 360's and i can honestly say that i never once slipped. I learned 270's to fakie out on a hip, and not once did i slip.:banana: :banana: :happydance: