Quantcast

Print Spooler issue

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
anyone ever run into this running windows? been looking around the web for answers and all the basic stuff doesn't work and i'm not comfortable going up the ladder to going into the registry and installing extra code.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What exactly is the problem?

If restarting the print spooler service doesn't fix it, the solution is to always go loco and toss the god forsaken printer out the window; preferably into the path of an oncoming dump truck.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
What exactly is the problem?

If restarting the print spooler service doesn't fix it, the solution is to always go loco and toss the god forsaken printer out the window; preferably into the path of an oncoming dump truck.
i've tried restarting it but nothing. i'm not tossing a new printer out the window

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Did you try deleting cookies and temporary internet files? Whenever the shitty government software and computers lock up they always have us do this. It never helps, but it does waste time.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
How did you determine that it was off in the first place? I'm trying to understand what got you headed down this road. Was the printer working and then quit? Is it a new printer that you're starting to try to use?[/QUOT

when i got the error code i searched it online. found a lot of sites, picked one and it was an HP help site. i have an HP so i went with it. it suggested going into services.msg, finding the print spooler folder and opening it. there it said whether it was running or not. when i clicked it to run i get the error code about not having resources to run the operation. so i've got a couple of sites i need to look at to see where to go from here. when i looked before it was suggested that some code lines might have to be added to the registry.