Quantcast

Priorities

First, you...

• Total voters
You've been out riding, 20 or 30 miles. It's been raining all the way. Eventually you make your way back home, absolutely soggy.

What do you do first? Go inside, get some dry clothes on, grab a beer and veg out, or do you wipe off the bike and get some oil on the chain?

J

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
my bike maintenance schedule is spotty at best, and non-existant within 24 hr after a ride (unless there's a wash-down station, like @ Bromont, and even then lubing, etc can wait).

J

JRB

I rarely hose the bike off. I splashed through some crossings today and fully intend to not clean the bike off. I am sure that I'll get bored and lube the chain before my next ride.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I would clean it first. While you're wet and dirty, just clean it. I wouldn't want to change my clothes, then get them wet with the hose.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
me first!!! I SAID ME FIRST!!!:rofl:

the bike is second to getting me well! once I am good and the bike needs some lovin then I give it! (it also helps that I get parts at cost and change my chain, as often as I wash my riding clothes :rolleyes: )

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm not crazy about upkeep either, but a quicke wipe down and a shot of lube only takes a few minutes at the most.

And you can have a beer while you work too.