Quantcast

PRM Inside (potential rant material)

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Sadly enough the area I live in is full of Roadies and Racer Boy XCers. They have embedded themselves well into our established Mountain Biking Clubs bent on removing every root, rock, twig, ahhh everything for our trails. Essentially making, what they call intermediate trails, a dirt path that would be perfect for a cylco-cross race but not at all challenging for MTB.

I am trying to come to terms with this and try to get some kind of understanding on these peoples view of mountain biking.

VV's thread on SUV's is rather similar. The soccer mom's in their SUV's have the same mentality as these people who bought Mountain Bikes for the "tougher" image but heaven for bid they get their bikes dirty.

The part I don't understand is their lack of intelligence. When they come upon a log crossing or some other obstacle they can't clear, they run straight to their computers and bitch about it on forums or take matters into thier own hands and remove them.
(I'm talking about Intermediate to Advanced trails and the obstacles designed into them).

It never crosses their minds to um.... Get off the bike and hop over to continue their ride or perhaps even taking some time to practice the stunt and increase their skills.

Anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone else notice that all the technical stuff is being taken out of XC races which will eventially become dirt track racing with road bikes?

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
DVNT said:
Sadly enough the area I live in is full of Roadies and Racer Boy XCers. They have embedded themselves well into our established Mountain Biking Clubs bent on removing every root, rock, twig, ahhh everything for our trails. Essentially making, what they call intermediate trails, a dirt path that would be perfect for a cylco-cross race but not at all challenging for MTB.

I am trying to come to terms with this and try to get some kind of understanding on these peoples view of mountain biking.

VV's thread on SUV's is rather similar. The soccer mom's in their SUV's have the same mentality as these people who bought Mountain Bikes for the "tougher" image but heaven for bid they get their bikes dirty.

The part I don't understand is their lack of intelligence. When they come upon a log crossing or some other obstacle they can't clear, they run straight to their computers and bitch about it on forums or take matters into thier own hands and remove them.
(I'm talking about Intermediate to Advanced trails and the obstacles designed into them).

It never crosses their minds to um.... Get off the bike and hop over to continue their ride or perhaps even taking some time to practice the stunt and increase their skills.

Anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone else notice that all the technical stuff is being taken out of XC races which will eventially become dirt track racing with road bikes?

Riding in Napa, CA?

http://www.petefagerlin.com/skyline1.htm

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
DVNT said:
WOW! That is great. Is this your website?

Good job! I'm gonna repost it on the Sorba forum.

tanks!
LOL, I wish it was my site, then I would be Pete Fagerlin, and I would have some mad bike/photography/video editing skills.

Unfortunately I'm not, and I don't. :(