Quantcast

Pro football ticket swap

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I have been given nosebleed seats to the Carolina Panthers Sunday against the J E T S. The other two times I went, I noticed people "swapping" tickets outside the stadium with people with a handful of tickets.

What is it they are doing exactly? I realize people sell tickets outside the stadiums, but pretty sure I've seen people just straight out swapping them?

I ask because I was told long ago, but have since purged the memory bank. Can you get better seats off these folks at even trade or is it a situation where someone is swapping multiple "lesser" value seats for a one or two seats closer up?

Would appreciate any info. Dying to get closer to the action, but not once has Jeremy R (jk big guy) ever seen fit to ditch his dad to take me. It's my only shot....:thumb:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Ha, you can pay more to swap your tickets to the super honest, compassionate, toothless men outside the stadium holding up tickets. The only problem with this is because they are playing the Jets, your upper deck are tickets are hardly worth anything at all. I was given two extra tickets for the Tampa game, and I sold them at the gate for just enough to buy a hot dog. :hmm:

But for the MNF game with the Patriots, tickets were selling for the normal ticket price even right before the game started.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Thanks for info. Was thinking that the people outside would swap 1 or 2 you closer, high dollar tickets early on so they could easily sell blocks of 4 higher up cheap, etc...taking a cut each time they swap.

Seems as though I read that or was told it once. You gonna be there?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yeah those guys will offer you something like $10 a ticket for an upper deck and then try to sell you a lower seat. Tip of the day: When he gives you the offer, turn around and walk away and it magically doubles.
Ha, and no I won't be there this Sunday.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Butch, another idea to get closer to the field is send Rex Ryan a video of you throwing a football into a large body of water (use both hands if you must) from a boat and then maybe run into the backside of a cow without dropping said football (<-- the not dropping part is really important). Express interest in the currently open Jets QB position, and you probably have a reasonable chance of suiting up on Sunday.

Failing that, even in the upper decks, you still have a shot at catching an errant Geno Smith "pass".

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Butch, another idea to get closer to the field is send Rex Ryan a video of you throwing a football into a large body of water (use both hands if you must) from a boat and then maybe run into the backside of a cow without dropping said football (<-- the not dropping part is really important). Express interest in the currently open Jets QB position, and you probably have a reasonable chance of suiting up on Sunday.
even easier...just tell him you're responding to the cuckold ad in craigslist....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
even easier...just tell him you're responding to the cuckold ad in craigslist....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001

Failing that, even in the upper decks, you still have a shot at catching an errant Geno Smith "pass".
Keep an eye on the big screen. I'll be the guy at the 25 yard line, right beside the International Space Station.

The one thing I'm actually looking forward to is this idiot New Yorker who has season tickets right behind these. He and his drunk wife get so sauced the whole game. In the nosebleeds, he's my Frank Costanza. Pissing you off and making you chuckle all at once.