Quantcast

Pro GRT #1 photos

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I flew up to Seattle from Burbank and Mark from Bones Over Metal picked me up and we were off to Port Angeles. When I was waiting on the curb, I realized I left my seat at home in the stand... so I rode Thursday with a 'custom' seat. It was only like $20 to send overnight with fedex, so my dad shipped it and I got it the next morning. Of course I would leave my seat collar in the hotel room, so I stole mark's during my practice (it was actually with my tools at the race, but I couldn't find it). :lighten:

Each day, I took photos of Cat 1/ Pro practice, qualifying and then finals on the last day. On saturday, my camera started to go dumb.....really dumb. I'd click the shutter once and it would go like 10 times. I got so pissed off trying to shoot. I even gave up and was going to end up sending only mobile photos to sicklines. Eventually on Sunday, I figured out how to work around the issue... (Take a shot, turn off, turn on, and then I could view the last shot and/or take another before I repeated the process).

Mobile

my bike

Waiting for the ferry in Seattle

The bridge that would close that night for 2 months due to maintenance.

custom seat

Photos from when I gave up on the other camera

my current phone wallpaper

Better Photos

Cat 2/3 end, left and Pro/Cat1 end, right

X-fusion

Start Ramp

Curtis Keen, winner!

Matt Patterson like 3-4 feet in the air.

Condrashoff, getting sideways

Kye Walstrom

Camilo Sanchez

The Venue

Unknown rider manualling the whoops

Caleb Cambern (he rode right into the tree I was up in... probably seeing if he could knock me out of it)

Katie Holden, winner !

Abigail Hippely

Naish Ulmer

Ben Furbee

Thanks to JDD and everyone involved for making a National Series happen! Also, thanks to Mark for picking me up and dealing with me over the weekend!
For more, check out the gallery: 09.04.30-3 - Pro GRT #1

Last edited:

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
The pic labeled as Lars is not Lars,Lars is on a new Transition.His number will be in Red.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Nice photos Pat. I believe the guy you have as Lars is actually Ken Faubert. I recognize the kit and bike. But the number plate doesn't match.

Mark

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
Nice photos Pat. I believe the guy you have as Lars is actually Ken Faubert. I recognize the kit and bike. But the number plate doesn't match.

Mark
ding ding ding!

remrem said:
the man you claim to be Lars Sternberg is in fact Cat 1 under 18 Kye Walstrom. Nice photos anyways. i wish i came out

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
^ Then what do you think is up with his number?

My white's look fine to me. I guess in the last, it's a bit hot on his back...but bringing the exposure down would make the rest dark all for that, which I don't mind.

Thanks for the comments!!

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Climbing around in those trees to get pictures seems to have paid off.
At first when I saw you climbing up there I was thinking "WTF is that kid doing?" I noticed a camera in hand and figured it out. Nice job!

-Kevin