Quantcast

Pro-Style Residential Range

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I've got lots of other information but figured I'd throw this out there to keep this forum going. I'm buying a house and I need a new gas range. I cook a lot and am willing to spend the coin for something good. (It seems even the pimpest stuff is less than I pay for a mountain bike!) I keep hearing good things about BlueStar, the residential line of Garland professional stoves. I want something clean and simple with strong burners and minimal electronic crap. I'm looking at the 36" BlueStar with 6 burners. I don't have a strong preference as far as gas-only or dual fuel, but pretty sure I'd need to run a new electrical line for dual fuel.

What do the monkey gourmands say?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Have you considered induction? Given the opportunity, I think it's what I'd like to have in the future.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I've considered it but decided against it in favor of gas. I have some quality pots and pans that won't work with induction, and the range I'm looking at has a 22,000 btu burner so it ain't slow in boiling water.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I have read a lot of good things about the Blue Star. Super simple and relatively maintenance free. I plan on buying the 36" one at some point, probably the same model you are looking at.

Buy it so you can tell me how it works :D