Quantcast

Probably the most important thread in the Front Range

Oct 3, 2003
Denver, CO
i just needed to say that at first i hated chipotle due to the lack of mixing. but alas convience gets me, and one day when i was ordering my burrito at the local chipotle i realised, all you have to do is ask them to mix it and they will...problem solved, i also support free drinks. chipotle kicks ass.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Qudoba is hands down without a doubt the worst mexican food availible in the area, with the exception of Casa Bonita which wins out based on ambiance.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
TheInedibleHulk said:
Qudoba is hands down without a doubt the worst mexican food availible in the area, with the exception of Casa Bonita which wins out based on ambiance.
it is EXACTLY the same as Chipolte

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
saying qdoba is the same as chipotle is like saying your hand with lipstick on it is the same thing as a beej from a supermodel. it's not. no matter how crazy your imagination is. qdoba is great if you like your food to taste watered down and bland. there is more flavor in the paint chips coming off my wall. also they steam their tortillas and last time i checked i like my tortilla to go down the hatch... not stick to the roof of my mouth and piss me off.

casa bonita at least has dudes in speedo's cliff diving. and also sometimes weird live music like my friends in team awesome.

also, you dont need to mix your burrito if you know how to eat it right. you just typewritter style bite from across the whole top of the burrito. bam, problem solved. and then you have your own distinct flavor bites still if you want them. chipotle wins again. count it.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
yeah qdoba has to rely on someone else's gear to make it worth while. it's not even like big city where they have all kinds of sauces from all over, they just have to rely on cholula to salvage their bland ass creations.

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
Either place... I always like to add the tomatoes and corn! I don’t really think of either of them as salsa but it is more food for the same price and then if you have Chulula you are set! Oh and a side of Guacamole and that brings me to another topic I don't think anybody has touched on... tortilla chips, at chipotle there are almost always stale and they use some kind of lime/salt crap that tastes like $hit.

qdouba has better chips and they have chulula.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
SkaredShtles said:
As far as flavor goes, they both blow a$$.

Get to Little Anita's and get some decent food, fer krissakes. :rolleyes:

no one is questioning little anitas. just as no one should question the lack of flava flav at qdoba. i just ate packing cheetos that had more flavor than anything from qdoba.

uh could I get one of those, um I don't really want to say the word it makes me giggle, um the ah, oh heer it goes, naked burritos, hehe.

WOW, Qudoba really does have some impressive commercials, one hell of a marketing team employed over there. Gosh golly I shure could go for some 3 cheese queso right now, I refuse to eat queso anywhere other then Qudoba, it makes me happy in the pants.

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
Mike Buell said:
Nah, at Chipotle you can get Smoked Tobasco, and that sh-t is way better then Cholula, Chipotle wins again.

No way does any kind of tabasco compare with Chulula! I agree though the quac at chipotle is pretty kick ass!

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
WhiteRavenKS said:
no one is questioning little anitas. just as no one should question the lack of flava flav at qdoba. i just ate packing cheetos that had more flavor than anything from qdoba.
Hey can I get some of those packing cheetos? Get in my belly!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I do hate the lime chips. Pete's chips are pretty solid but none of them are phenomenal. Find someplace that makes their own chips and youre in business.

I think Cosmos is the best combo of affordability and quality in pizza. Fatty J's is good when youre broke and Pasta Jay's is the sh1t if youre a high roller.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
Cosmos does have a good money to food ratio. Petes is still the best but Chipotle is still really good. Also Tra Lings is soooo good (fried rice and teriyaki/orange chicken is where its at)

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
ride_fast said:
Also Tra Lings is soooo good (fried rice and teriyaki/orange chicken is where its at)
I think Im gonna go get some tra lings now. Best crappy food the world has ever seen. I think the put crack in the orange chicken.