Quantcast

probably the wrong place (66rc2x)

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
but i was wondering if any body here in the pnw has had any experiance setting up the above mentioned fork mainly i am looking to find out how much air for the preload the manual says nothing that i can find the seals are a little sticky so it is hard to judge sag anybody know roughly how much air for my 225lbs thanx i am running around 10 psi and have not ridden it yet to see how it feels so maybe that is it

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
I've been thrashin' mine for a month or so. It rocks mang! I weigh the same as you. I can say that I'm still tweaking with it. It stays really sticky for awhile so your first setting are pretty much moot. You'll ride it one day and then the next day it will feel wayyy soft. Time to change settings. I initially rode the fork with almost no air. It was sooo sticky. I left everything backed out mostly until this last weekend at Whistler. I finally felt that the adjustments would come into play. I go completely off of feel right now. I don't have a low pressure shock pump yet so I've been counting the pumps with my rear shock pump. It is 6 pumps right now and that is pretty minimal and doesn't register on my pump. I started the weekend with ten pumps and it felt harsh. I dropped it to 6pumps and I feel it's getting closer to being dialed. I run the top left knob at 3 clicks in (endstroke) and I run the bottom knob 3 or 4 clicks in. Seems to be ok. Not perfect yet. It still doesn't feel "great" on the high speed ripples. I think it now comes down to changing the oil to remedy that. Good luck!

maniak10

Chimp
May 2, 2006
check out mtbr.com, i read a forum a while back on exactly this topic when i was looking into this fork.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
i'm 135lbs and i plan on running about 10-15 psi in mine...the seals on mine, since its brand new today, are still really sticky and yes its hard to tell, but the mechanic at my shop said 10-15 for my weight should be about right.

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
thanks for all the help and advice i frinally got to ride it around the parking lot this morning yep the seals are sticky but approx 10psi seems to be okay i think i will have to spend some time playing with it will let you know