Quantcast

Problem with bleeding Hayes

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
So my friend bought a used Hayes knowing that it wasn't working perfect but was told it probably just needs to be bled and cleaned. I opened up the caliper, cleaned it all, and closed it back up (did have seal in correct place). I made sure all the bolts and such were tight that connect the hose and then continued on and attempted to bleed it. Once I opened up the gold thing and started pushing fluid through, the fluid would not go anymore after I pushed almost none. I tried pushing fluid in through the lever to determine if there was anything blocking the fluids pathway near the caliper (since almost no fluid went in there). I tried pushing and as I pushed, it just leaked out of the hole in the lever (since it's an open system). It's kind of like there is a block at both ends of the hose but I highly doubt that there really is.

Please help me get this working for him.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
You could take the hose off and find out what system the problem is in (caliper, hose, or lever). You'll need one or two new crush washers though to put it back together.