Quantcast

Procore

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
It seems like this could solve the problem with tubeless burping, but in my experience that's not the main issue with tubeless setups. I'll start paying attention when someone claims to make a puncture-resistant tubeless tire. Not sure about others, but I've managed to damage both Schwalbe and Maxxis tubeless-ready tires on sidewalls, along the bead, and directly on the tread. Each time I had to patch, which isn't a big deal, just more of a hassle.

I agree with Udi, I wish companies would focus on perfecting technology that we already have instead of coming up with brand new stuff that no one has asked for.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I agree with Udi, I wish companies would focus on perfecting technology that we already have instead of coming up with brand new stuff that no one has asked for.
Procore is not a new technologie. As you know, it's very similar to Tubeliss. But made for bicycle weight weenies :D

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
It's not to save weight, it's to reduce pinch flats and save rims while allowing low pressures.

What might be cool is a similar system that just had a 2nd lightweight tube instead of the outer chamber being tubeless, thus eliminating issues with tubeless punctures as well.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
It's not to save weight, it's to reduce pinch flats and save rims while allowing low pressures.

What might be cool is a similar system that just had a 2nd lightweight tube instead of the outer chamber being tubeless, thus eliminating issues with tubeless punctures as well.
Al local very fast enduro rider uses a road tire and drills a second hole in the rim and runs the outside as tubeless and the road tire up around 80-90PSI...I am looking at getting Procore just know sidewall tearing may still occur.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I wonder why Lau is not using the "2 in 1" valve the production version is supposed to have?
The single valve system is currently in production, and wasn't available in time for finale. That's the only reason select riders were set up with the prototype dual valve system.

PsyCro

Chimp
Apr 10, 2011
Al local very fast enduro rider uses a road tire and drills a second hole in the rim and runs the outside as tubeless and the road tire up around 80-90PSI...I am looking at getting Procore just know sidewall tearing may still occur.
I was actually thinking of doing the same. Did some searching and a good choice would be a 26" tire for stationary trainers. Aaaand, it could come out half the price of the procore system. Still though, that funky dual direction valve makes a lot of sense..

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
What size road tire?
This is what he said.....

"28-32c road tires work great. the lighter the better too. folding bead 28 or 30c is awesome. I mean no tire stands up to a pinch flat around here. unless its dual chambered"