Quantcast

Product Reveiw...EVS WB01 wrist guards

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
http://www.evs-sports.com/store/?category_id=8&item_id=51

So check it out, earlier this year, I broke my left wrist again. Radial distal fracture, nothing major, still in a cast for two weeks, about eight weeks for it to be totally healed and riding at full strength again. I talked to EVS, and my doctor, about the WB01 wrsit guards from EVS, simple design, soft foam backing that moves, but supports when needed. My frist impression...what a pain in the ass to put these on.....Gotte get them on, rotate to proper position, then strap them down. Second impression.... Damn, I cant tell I have them on while I am riding....

So after riding with them for about two months, I have an incedent at woodward west. Took a hell of a hit, I got bucked off the little kicker right byt he finish line, ended up with alot of injuries, but...life is good and goes on. I was contiplating not wearing the wrist guards, but decided I need to have them on. Now, aftger the hit, My wrists are fine, couple small bruises were the straps hold on, and a very small bruise on the top of the hand were the backing plate gives teh support. All of that is negligable. My wrists are in great shape. Nothing broken, no pain over over a day. They did there job well, and are ready for another round.

So here is the breakdown, Its a soft system with an adjustable amount of support, they come with two paltes, one thicker than the other, offering three levels of support, they sit static untill they are needed, and breathe well.

Upsides.
easy setup
light
work well<personally crash tested>
stay in place
budget minded

Downsides
you have to put your gloves on first
they leave some small bruised when they are used<not worn>but actually used
They are not as cool looking at the 661 units.
Easy to get too tight

Well I hope I gave an unbiased reveiw, if anyone has more questions feel free to PM me, I will answer as best I can.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I have these as well, and will have the chance to use 'em again shortly. Did not have them on when I broke my distal radius, largely because they are a pain to put on. Less troublesome than this stupid cast though.

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
I have a 661 Wrist Wrap Pro, it looks the same as the EVS and based on your accounts functions the same as well, I have not put it through a serious crash that involved my wrist though. Something you didn't mention that I noticed about my 661, it provides decent wrist support just while wearing it, also it works best for me to put it on before the glove.

link

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I dig the EVS stuff, currently using their shoulder brace. Works well, I just need to get better at remembering to wear it.

Going to check out the wrist guards - jacked up my left wrist in a crash 2 weeks ago, still hurts.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Yesterday saw my first ride after getting the cast off. Had the EVS brace on the broken arm (X-ray showed that fracture not 100% sealed up just yet). Thanks to the compression support offered by the brace, all went well. No swelling, no pain, no complaints - other than the fact that they are still a bit of a pain to put on, and are not all that compatible with Roach Rally FR elbow/forearm pads.

Now that the cast is off, I am wearing one without the back plates as extra support through the day.