Quantcast

Profile/E.13 Compatibility?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Anyone running a Supercharger with a set of Profile 3-piece cranks & spider? I thought I had heard somewhere that there was an issue with the installation and/or fit of a E.13 bash with Profile cranks.

Any insight? :confused:

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I've seen a ton of SRS guides set up with profiles, so I wouldn't assume there is a problem with just using the supercharger. I don't run profiles, so I can't say for sure, though.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
kidwoo said:
A buddy of mine has this setup but he's also got the e.13 spider. At worst, that's all you'd have to do.
Yeah...maybe that's what it was, an issue with the Profile spider. I was talking to Jonas with E.13 at Diablo this past weekend but can't remember what he said. :o: I think he did say I'd have to order a Super-Spider. I guess I should just email him directly. Thanks.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I run a Profile/e13 setup on two of my bikes, and have a third almost done.

Works no problem, you need a thin axle spacer between the crank and chainwheel/spider to space the bash out and away from the crank, and also a thin washer between the crank and chainwheel/spider where the chainwheel bolt goes through.
Make sure the axle spacer and washer are the same thickness, or the chainwheel will bolt up a bit crooked.

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Our guides will work with the Profile cranks, but there are a number of things to keep in mind. The Profile spider has chainring tabs that are a little too thick for the guide setup. The chainring winds up too far from the bashguard to work well.
Solutions:
1 - Use another spider brand for 4-104 bcd, like our Superspider or an FSA - Then you can use a 104 bashguard and chainring.
2 - Use our e13 Crownwheel, which allows for perfect setup of our guides and utilizes a 5-110 bcd pattern for the bashguard.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jonas said:
Our guides will work with the Profile cranks, but there are a number of things to keep in mind. The Profile spider has chainring tabs that are a little too thick for the guide setup. The chainring winds up too far from the bashguard to work well.
Solutions:
1 - Use another spider brand for 4-104 bcd, like our Superspider or an FSA - Then you can use a 104 bashguard and chainring.
2 - Use our e13 Crownwheel, which allows for perfect setup of our guides and utilizes a 5-110 bcd pattern for the bashguard.
Thanks Jonas, we spoke about this issue at Diablo. Myself or Steve will be emailing as we discussed as you were loading your van on Sunday. -Tigg

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Sorry, I should clarify..............
The Profile spider will cause issues when setting up an entire retention system.
The Supercharger bashguard alone will work fine.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I run 36-13 on my SS, but she's on 24's...The e13 chainwheel is burly, I picked some up after bending one of my Profile spiders.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
zahgurim said:
I run 36-13 on my SS, but she's on 24's...The e13 chainwheel is burly, I picked some up after bending one of my Profile spiders.
That's an awesome looking bike!!!! :drool: I've got a 16t and a 18t for the rear, trying to decide if I wanna run 32t or 34t up front....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
the only profile arms you will run into a fit problem with the e-13 bash gaurd are the dh arms the rest are narrow enough not to pose an issue.

that being said props to anyone else whe set up the whole e-13 srs guid on profiles with a bmx bb without one of those bumb euro cup conversions, yes that can be done with zero modification to any part of the system.