Quantcast

Profile Rear 3/8" Axle Convert to 14mm Help?

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I want to order a profile rear mini hub with the cassette driver because I want to run a 13t cog. But the cassette version comes in 3/8"... are there spacers or can I order a mini SS 14mm axle and swap it out?

Thanks in advance.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
My dropouts are 14mm. OK I am not sure how that race 3/8" hub comes... Does it come with the needed spacers to fit in a 14mm?

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
just buy 2 top hat adapters and you're set. i run the same setup. as long as you don't have pegs you're good
Cool thanks. I bent the axle on the demolition a hub this morning on the GT jump at raysmtb. Just gonna get profile like I should have when i built the wheel.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
hey man how's it going? i picked up these spacers from albes. http://www.albes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1613
they don't have the 'hat' part of the spacer. i actually prefer that. i did have to take some material off it so it didn't bottom out the bolts. they're working out real well.

if you want to get fancy (i might pick these up) check out bluesix bolts.
http://www.bluesixbikes.com/apps/webstore/products/show/79266

flush mount female bolts in Ti with the 14mm step built in. gorgeous!

they even have a hex head version for pegs. $20 a bolt though but really trick.

rlee560

Chimp
Apr 13, 2008
I want to order a profile rear mini hub with the cassette driver because I want to run a 13t cog. But the cassette version comes in 3/8"... are there spacers or can I order a mini SS 14mm axle and swap it out?

Thanks in advance.
Call any online shop. They will do any combo you want. 3/8 with one piece driver 14 mm with 2 piece driver.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
hey man how's it going?
Not bad Stoked... I am so looking forward to RaysMTB dj's. The local trails will be ready to ride we just need some leaves on the trees to obscure us from being seen.

Thanks everyone for the info. I am gonna go for the 3/8" axle race hub set.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
So my LBS gave me an old 2 piece odyssey driver shell. I pounded in some new bearings and it fit on the demolition a hub perfectly. I turned the axle 180 degrees because I bent it (thinking I will bend it back just by riding on it)... and installed a 30t odyssey million dollar chainwheel. I am in business! Riding raysmtb tonight.

I will get the 3/8" profile hub whenever the demo craps out. Thanks for all the help.