Quantcast

Profile spindle compatible w/ demolition medial cranks?

bikeit13

Chimp
Jul 31, 2006
I want to get a Ti profile spindle and just wondering if the profile spindle is compatible w/ the demolition medial 2.0 crank arms?

Thanks in advanced

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
I've been wrong before, but I think that Profile makes Ti spindles for different crank applications; I know they make one for Primo cranks. So maybe they make one for Demolition?

How many splines do the Demolitions have, anyways?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Doesn't fit, cause Profile spindle is in inch, but Demolition is metric! Cranks will be always loose...
Other way around. Going to be SUPER effin' tight. At least it was in my case.

Search for my thread from awhile back on my Sinister SplinterMX. probably in the FR forum. I'm running that set-up, with some FlyBikes euro-spanish cups, a Profile ti 6" spindle, and some Demo Medials.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Other way around. Going to be SUPER effin' tight. At least it was in my case.

Search for my thread from awhile back on my Sinister SplinterMX. probably in the FR forum. I'm running that set-up, with some FlyBikes euro-spanish cups, a Profile ti 6" spindle, and some Demo Medials.
how do you like the spindle, Any problems?

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Actualy it might not regardless of weather its 48 splined because the diameter of profiles is made with less tolerance.

edit: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=378816&highlight=profile+titanium

It is not so much a "less" tolerance than it is a different tolerance. Profile is an American company that uses american tolerances and measurements. Their 19mm is probably (don't know for sure) slightly different than other companies' 19mm. I did have issues using a Profile Ti spindle with 2 other crank manufacturers but they are flawlessly matched to themselves obviously.

My personal opinion is if you want a Ti Profile spindle use a Profile crank. I did finally and I could not be any happier. If you have the Medials already, get a Demolition mfg spindle. In addition I have personally witnessed a Demolition Medail crank failure right at the pedal thread weld. Sure cranks break now and then but I have not seen one like I saw...

Last edited:

bikeit13

Chimp
Jul 31, 2006
Alright, thanks for the help everybody. SO, what I am getting from all of this, it WILL work, but just a very tight fit? I was aware of metric/american cut but was just clarifying if this will work. Considering I already have the cranks and am a lightweight rider, I don't think I will have a problem with them cracking.

Dirt bag- I already have the demo. spindle and am looking to shave some weight. I have a profile spindle all lined up to get so that would be the easiest option at the moment.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Alright, thanks for the help everybody. SO, what I am getting from all of this, it WILL work, but just a very tight fit? I was aware of metric/american cut but was just clarifying if this will work. Considering I already have the cranks and am a lightweight rider, I don't think I will have a problem with them cracking.

Dirt bag- I already have the demo. spindle and am looking to shave some weight. I have a profile spindle all lined up to get so that would be the easiest option at the moment.

Are you the young guy from Highland Mountain (Andy??) Your name is similar to one on Busted Spoke..

I don't think the spindle will work easily, but it may work. I know they did not work with my Torrids or Macneil cranks. But worth a try I guess..

bikeit13

Chimp
Jul 31, 2006
Are you the young guy from Highland Mountain (Andy??) Your name is similar to one on Busted Spoke..

I don't think the spindle will work easily, but it may work. I know they did not work with my Torrids or Macneil cranks. But worth a try I guess..
Yup, thats me... I guess I'll not risk it getting stuck with a useless 100 dollar spindle.

thanks for the help everybody