Quantcast

Project EARTHWORM WAKEUP, 1st communication

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
With a promising January/February snow fall report from the greater Lake Tahoe area, a small band of adamant earth movers had produced a false sense of security for the larger earthworm population in the sierra foothills. Complacent they had grown. An atypical March precipitation total has lit a fire under the collective asses of this band, and it was decided that the current earthworm mindset simply would not do. These little squigglies needed to be reminded of their place.

With a small front end loader stashed in the trunk, this band headed seaward in their rented pinto with one thing on their minds. Total earthworm consciousness.

We met some dude throwing tailwhips on a razor scooter at the 7-11 while slamming 40s.......said he knew how to build piles with some equipment. We took him in.

We came in from the top, the bottom. We genuinely fvcked sh1t up in worm town.

Who's your daddy now b!tch!!!!?????

Short term projections for current project: Two weeks.

Long term potential for further earthworm universe domination: Currently Endless

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
It's not a Razor scooter. It's called a noodle, and i don't go anywhere with out my noodle.
Those jumps make my nipples itch.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Nah, that place will blow. I'm going to rip the tractor for the next 8 hours. bye bye.:wave:
You best throw some steez on that b!tch... tractor flip.

Hey, have you seen this footage from Hidden before it got plowed? JD throws some nasty whips and also takes one of the most vicious slams I've ever seen. Sorry for the thread jackage, woo, but I wasn't sure where else to post this...

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/13958/

Tee Buck

Monkey
Nov 7, 2007
NorCal
Bumper sticker for the Cat: Due to the shortage of paper products, go wipe your ass on a spotted owl.

Those jumps suck for noodling

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Amazing.

I know operating that Cat skid is a lot more fun than taking photos, but if you can keep us updated with the pics I would love to see how the build progresses.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
About the WD-40 is that used to keep the dirt from sticking to the bucket/shovels? I saw a worker doing that recently while digging a trench - I haven't tried it yet but might bring some to the trails one of these days.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
About the WD-40 is that used to keep the dirt from sticking to the bucket/shovels?

Yup.

It's about the only thing we've found that works worth a damn. Just the shovels though. No way in hell I'm coating a front end loader with that much chemical crap.

I just got the big tin because I'm sick of buying the cans with a propellant. Just dump the stuff in a spray bottle.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
so the wd40 works?

i have the same prob with my shovels, working with clay and stuff.

sick work dude, i'll have some pics of what i've got going at my place.

i wish i had a skid though, speeds things up a bit i'd imagine

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
It burns when i pee.:disgust:
thats just allergies!

Nice workage on the jumpage! :thumb:

K-woo,
are we anticipating another video episode from K-Woo and friends? I have been showing your vids to my students as rewards when they work hard during the week I break out the projector and I throw some biking vids up on the wall. :thumb: Keep the pics and vids coming guys!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
K-woo,
are we anticipating another video episode from K-Woo and friends? I have been showing your vids to my students as rewards when they work hard during the week I break out the projector and I throw some biking vids up on the wall. :thumb: Keep the pics and vids coming guys!
Heh. I'm flattered.

I don't think I'll biking for a while. At least until this place is ready to go.

But yeah.......more to come.........always.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just want to say that zach is the fvcking man!

He's been busting his ass on this place in the machine all week while the rest of us have been working. He's got poison oak so bad he can't sleep, took enough steroids to kill rocky, puked his guts out for hours due to said steroids, got no more than 4 hours sleep on any given night (and that 4 hrs is probably an overstatement), and STILL showed up almost daily to get this beyotch done while we still had the tractor.

I owe this punk huge.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Bumper sticker for the Cat: Due to the shortage of paper products, go wipe your ass on a spotted owl.
Spotted owls are what keeps Blackrock from being logged. Without the tree-huggers using the owls to try and preserve what little real forest we have left, the area would probably be closed to bikes and all the jumps flattened. No more trails.
Be careful what you wish for.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Spotted owls are what keeps Blackrock from being logged. Without the tree-huggers using the owls to try and preserve what little real forest we have left, the area would probably be closed to bikes and all the jumps flattened. No more trails.
Be careful what you wish for.
It's a joke broham. Lighten up.