Quantcast

Project: Fence

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Is that whole yard yours? Why is the fenced in area so small?
That whole yard is indeed ours. We really just wanted to fence in an area where she can play a little and pee/poop. She doesn't like going for walks, so this is a good way to get her some exercise. We would have made the area bigger, but our yard turns into a swampy mess when it rains (our yard seems to slope in like a bowl). The fenced in area is on a slight slope and doesn't gather much rain.

The first two days has been great. Usually we have to push her outside to get her to pee, but she runs right out now to play in her pen. :)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I Are Baboon said:
She doesn't like going for walks, so this is a good way to get her some exercise.

Why doesn't she like going on walks. I wish roxi didn't like going on walks. Then I could get some solo runs in without feeling ridiculously guilty.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
laura said:
Why doesn't she like going on walks.
I wish I knew, but she hates it. She'd fight and resist every step of the way. A lot of greyhounds are flight risks and will take off if given the opportunity. At least we have no worries about that with our dog. If she got loose from her leash, she'd run right to the front door.

laura said:
Why doesn't she like going on walks. I wish roxi didn't like going on walks. Then I could get some solo runs in without feeling ridiculously guilty.

She gets freaked out easily. The kids screaming next door.....the basketball bouncing on the driveway.....the car coming down the street too fast..... the people on bicycles etc. You know, all the stuff she didn't see the first 3 years of her life.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
hmmmmm, that is so strange. Roxi doesn't like going on walks in the dark, but thats it. I wonder if Jewell associates bad things with being on a leash? You might want to try walking her around her pen with the leash on for short amounts of time. Give her treats and all that and then progress to going out the front door.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
MtnBikerChk said:
She gets freaked out easily. The kids screaming next door.....the basketball bouncing on the driveway.....the car coming down the street too fast..... the people on bicycles etc. You know, all the stuff she didn't see the first 3 years of her life.

Yeah, I can see how it would be overwhelming. Roxi loves walks but if something spooks her (like the neighbors pig statue) she is jumpy the rest of the time. Looking over her shoulder, walking really close to me. So much for my loyal protector.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
laura said:
Yeah, I can see how it would be overwhelming. Roxi loves walks but if something spooks her (like the neighbors pig statue) she is jumpy the rest of the time. Looking over her shoulder, walking really close to me. So much for my loyal protector.
It's weird though....it's just our greyhound. We fostered another one for a while and he loved walks. Nothing freaked him out (except being alone, but that's another story).