Quantcast

Project Management Software

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hey RM,

We're looking to start using some type of construction software database program that will allow us to better manage the projects we're working on.

Keeping track of our conversations, e-mails and files tends to be very difficult to and we're looking for an all encompassing program to assist us with that.

Anybody out there ever use anything like there?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
We just use sharepoint and excel spreadsheets for our engineering projects.
I've used Microsoft Project, and it was a waste of time. You basically need a full time admin just to keep the software updated. Complete waste of time for us.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
We/I use Primavera Contractor.
We run construction projects with 2-3 year durations and we schedule activities pretty much down to the day (with float considered).

jump back: I re-read your post. This wont help you organize emails, but if you put good information IN it will help you maintain critical path management.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
We just use sharepoint and excel spreadsheets for our engineering projects.
I've used Microsoft Project, and it was a waste of time. You basically need a full time admin just to keep the software updated. Complete waste of time for us.
Yeah Project blows. One note is like Sharepoint lite. I think one note is somehow integrated into sharepoint

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
If all you want to do is keep track of messages and files, take a look at BaseCamp. It doesn't have all the features of traditional PM software, but because of that it's much easier to use.

Saint99

Chimp
Jul 3, 2011
If all you want to do is keep track of messages and files, take a look at BaseCamp. It doesn't have all the features of traditional PM software, but because of that it's much easier to use.
That's why we love basecamp because of its simplicity. My team learned to use basecamp so easy. The application is user-friendly. It's simple and very easy to navigate around its features which is why we chose this as our project management software.

We've been also searching for a project management tool that could help to manage tasks of users and that can do desktop time tracking. We found this blog which has a list of the various applications. The comparison of the software applications are great. We could see its features which will help us determine which application suits for project management.