Quantcast

Project Trail-Bike

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
I would love a ride report. I'm on a Canfield Riot. Love the bike, but it's a brick and flexy. If the Brothers don't put out something I like by the end of the year. The Fugitive is at the top of my list based on geo. I'd definitely go with Avy suspension so your opinion would be great.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I would love a ride report. I'm on a Canfield Riot. Love the bike, but it's a brick and flexy. If the Brothers don't put out something I like by the end of the year. The Fugitive is at the top of my list based on geo. I'd definitely go with Avy suspension so your opinion would be great.
CB is flexy with a triangulated rear?

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
CB is flexy with a triangulated rear?
The Riot has the seat stays/ upper yoke only bolted together by the shock and 2 upper links. VS the Balance has a single larger upper link. It's much stiffer in turns.

I've ridden worse, and it's a great bike. I really hope they update it. 100% AS and still active enough for technical climbs.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Have you ridden this yet?
Ya, a few shakedown runs around T'burg.
Wife has been in the hossie for a bit, so have been a bit preoccupied.
She just came home, so I will be sticking close to home for a bit yet until she is stronger. She is asthmatic and came down with a nasty viral lung infection - it will be a long slow recovery from what we have been told. So it looks like the summer canoe trip is a no-go, no way she will be humping through the woods with a full pack.

As for the bike - I[m hoping to get out for a proper ride this week, as well as a trip to Blue with the big-bike in a week or so - as long as I have somebody to stay with her when I'm gone. A trip to Blue is about 7 hours round-trip drive plus ride-time, so minimum 12 hour day...

When I get this thing on some proper terrain, I will toss a few thoughts into the ether.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I thought CB were sorta done. Nothing's been updated in a long time.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It's almost the perfect corollary. They had a company famous for the amount of broken products. Once they got back on track and started improving their reputation, the only logical move was to break up their partnership.
Oh I know...a perfect example of my scale theory.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Removed the Runt and B1 Airspring.

20201001_055758.jpg

Built this up - Vorsprung Smashpot coil conversion.

20200929_200516.jpg

No stock RockShox internals.
Avalanche Cartridge and Smashpot

20201001_040400.jpg

Yarilanche / Avysprung / Voralanche / Frankenfork....
Whatever you want to call it.

20201001_055703.jpg

Driveway and curb bashing test was smile inducing.
Now I just have to wait out this tendonitis in my elbow to be able to test it in anger.

Full bike weight according to my feedback sports scale - Large Knolly Fugitive - Full Coil comes in at 33.04 lbs.

* Cross posted to DH forum - New Whip / New Toys thread.

Last edited: