Quantcast

Prominant Activist Judge Dies

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
This is horrible. This puts George Bush, a man of questionable intelligence, ethics and judgement in a position to let the voices in his head appoint TWO extremeist right wing justices. All this at time when the US is experiencing the biggest errosion of civil rights in recent memory.

The plaque at the Statue of liberty will read "Send us your rich, your fingerprinted biometrically scanned ultra conservative fascist neo-cons. Screw anyone else."

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Reactor said:
The plaque at the Statue of liberty will reed "Send us your rich, your fingerprinted biometrically scanned ultra conservative fascist neo-cons. Screw anyone else."
uh, you forgot the little part that reads....

"and, yeah, we need someone to mow our lawns too....but only if you speak english, 'cause this is America and we speak English..."

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Reactor said:
This is horrible. This puts George Bush, a man of questionable intelligence, ethics and judgement in a position to let the voices in his head appoint TWO extremeist right wing justices. All this at time when the US is experiencing the biggest errosion of civil rights in recent memory.

The plaque at the Statue of liberty will reed "Send us your rich, your fingerprinted biometrically scanned ultra conservative fascist neo-cons. Screw anyone else."
HERE HEAR!

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Honestly I see Bush making a compromise with the Democrats. They will have to approve Roberts as Chief Justice, but in return will have more pull in picking another justice.
Or maybe since O'Connor said she will serve until someone else is appointed for her seat she will take that back and continue to serve????

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
to^

I understand it was a blow at my grammar. What does BUGGER mean in kiwi?

Seriously, my e-grammar doesn't suck THAT bad.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Yeah, I'm just fukin widcha about 'hear here'. Its a UK thing to get annoyed when Yanks screw up old phrases. Hey, I'm not exactly perfect.

Bugger means what it means everywhere, in this case 'Screw Grammar'.

:D That's a way cooler sig.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, Bush Sr appointed David Souter, who I thought was an intelligent jurist, and has turned out to be a moderate. I think Roberts looks the same way, so I hope this works out the same.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I think in this case "Bugger" is what's going to be done to the judical system and the balance of power between Judical, executive, and legislative branches. With the Regressive Republicans holding the cards in all three branches....well insert your nightmare here.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
He was a conservative activist, specifically dedicated to undoing some decisions from the 60's. That's not obtuse, it's more ironic, since the regressives won't call him an activist.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Reactor said:
He was a conservative activist, specifically dedicated to undoing some decisions from the 60's. That's not obtuse, it's more ironic, since the regressives won't call him an activist.
You missed the code:

States' rights=I don't want my kids going to school with blacks.

Activist judges=I don't want my kids to catch the gay.

Anyways, your right wing decoder ring is in the mail. Keep an eye out for it. ;)

edit: where does that goddamn apostrophe go?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Reactor said:
Oh... honestly - I was going for obtuse. :blah: