Quantcast

Proof that tacos and beer are all you need

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Camille Herron: US ultrarunner who breaks world records fuelled on tacos and beer

Camille Herron is no ordinary athlete. But then again, no ordinary athlete would run 655 and a half laps around a track for 24 hours.
Nor would they break two world records in doing so. Herron ran 162.9 miles in 24 hours and completed the first 100 miles in 13 hours and 25 minutes at December's Desert Solstice in Arizona, both new women's records on the track.

Fast food and zombies

Any long-distance runner knows the pain of hitting that invisible brick wall but when it hit Herron, she still had six more hours to run. She had watched the sun set but it was yet still to rise.

Thankfully, she and her husband had a contingency plan in place. It involved a dash to her favourite fast food restaurant. "We decided that if I got to a point like that, I would try to take in more sustenance," she says. "They had actually gone to Taco Bell and got some double-decker tacos ready for me, and some beer.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/46566122

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
1. Proof isn’t necessary
2. Taco Bell only sells TSO’s (taco shaped objects).
3. Humans have more endurance than any animal. It was how early man hunted and gave us a huge edge over neaderthals. Which is a really weird thing since most humans don’t run any more.