Quantcast

Propane...and propane accessories....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Any hank hills out there? Wifey and I are installing gas appliances, and we want to bury a tank. Which means we have to buy one. Q...is buying a used tank smart? Does anyone know much about this? How do you test a tank for leaks before burying it?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
The best way to test for a leak is to run a lit match all over the surface of the tank.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wait until nightime and put it in the neighbors pool. Use bricks from their retaining wall to hold the tank down. Leave some wine cooler bottles laying around and they will blame the damage on the neighborhood kids and nobody will be the wiser.....

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
I am an independent contractor doing work for the Propane Education & Research Council in Washington, DC. I mainly do IT/Networking work, so I can't really tell you much about underground propane tanks. However, you can visit our website at www.usepropane.com which you'll likely find some answers to specific propane questions. Also, you can look up propane retailers in your area, more specifically you can find retailers that rent/sell and install/maintain underground tanks. Shoot me an IM with any specifics and I'll ask my co-workers that deal specifically with the house appliance use side of the propane industry.

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
whatever you do, get a plumber to do everything, not a do it yourself type of thing :) I think it's a good idea though, your grill will never run out of gas.