Quantcast

Propane gas users...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Do any of you have some kind of gauge on your propane tank that tells you how much gas is left in the tank? I hate not knowing how much is left in the tank.

What do you use, does it work, and where can I get one? Speak up, grill nerds.

I tell you what.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
My Weber has a gauge of sorts built into the hook that the tank hangs off. It's spring-loaded so as the tank gets lighter and starts to rise, the "indicator" shows it as getting emptier and emptier.

They sell magnetic indicators that you can stick on the outside of your tank to tell you where you're at. You should be able to get one at any Home Depot or Lowes. Or at least you could when I worked for H.D..

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Feel the side of the tank when the grill is running. You feel the spot where it gits really cold? That there is your propane in the tank, feller. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MtnBikerChk said:
speaking of spare tank - we've been keeping ours in the garage. I guess that's a big no no?
i wouldn't, because if you do have a slight leak it could trap gas inside the garage.

we store ours under the deck. and i need to refill the spare tank.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
MtnBikerChk said:
Won't it get wet and rust?
Better than turning your house into a fire ball...... but that would be cool to see.....no it wouldn't because your house would have blown up......but that would be cool to see......I'm conflicted.

(I keep my extra in the garage)

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Silver said:
Feel the side of the tank when the grill is running. You feel the spot where it gits really cold? That there is your propane in the tank, feller. :D

this works wonderfully, and it costs you absolutely nothing.