Quantcast

Propane grills

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I've had.....and I'm not kidding you here....my Holland stainless steel grill for over 25 years now.

It's been through college, 4 different moves, every weather condition you can throw at it - about every 3-4 years, I take it apart and power wash it...looks like new. I've replaced the burners a few times as well as the hoses/regulator, but it still has the same grill screen/wheels/stand as it did from day one.

I keep one of those smaller charcoal grills for when the dish requires that charcoal taste, but the Holland.....it will never die.

https://www.hollandgrill.com/
My friend Jerry has a portable Holland grill. Thing kicks ass.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I have a Vermont Casting that I have had for 12 years...built like a brick shithouse. One burner has rusted through (thread on that coming up!), other than that, super happy. It was expensive, though, hope that helps.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I bought a Cast Iron Hibachi to learn how to make Yakatori. It has been in consistent use for 20 years. It is messy and dirty but I spent $25 at the hardware store for it. Lump charcoal and paper plates get her going. Potato chips as a firestarter... Works like a champ.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I am also a charcoal nerd. The Wife won't waste her time with charcoal so I broke down and bought a Weber. I figured if I was going to be spending cash on a grill and would probably end up using it occasionally. It's a Weber Genesis EP 310, I got it 10 years ago and its still going strong. Worth the hefty price tag.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The bottom finally dropped out of the old one and I got a real nice cheapy from the Home Depot for like $150. This one also has the cast grates that are pretty much mandatory at this point.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have Weber Spirit 2-burner that I bought secondhand from a friend. The starter button has been really finicky, and the heat isn't nearly as consistent across the grill surface as I would have expected, but other wise it makes raw things into cooked things so I guess it's fine.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Dammit I want to grill some meat now. I recently purchased a propane Weber two burner grill. The whole process of buying a new grill is stupid. Go to all the stores, look at the prices, say what the fuck. Go back around and decide that it's all a giant scam. Look at used grills online. Used grills are nasty. Go back to nearest store and say I want the little one, dammit.

Go home and grill meat. Nod head yes. Hopefully this grill lasts a decade.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It's mostly all about the BTU's (for a proper sear) and even flame for me, but IME Webers are worth the extra cost for quality, ease of use, longevity, etc.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Mine average about 4 years. If you can get replacement parts at least.
My Weber Genesis is 15 years old, cooks great(Burners replaced under warranty in 2018) and it still looks good. I also have a Weber 22" kettle, a couple Weber smokey Joe's, Traeger tailgater and a fairly new blackstone 22".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My Weber Genesis is 15 years old, cooks great(Burners replaced under warranty in 2018) and it still looks good. I also have a Weber 22" kettle, a couple Weber smokey Joe's, Traeger tailgater and a fairly new blackstone 22".
hey speaking of burning stuff, any updates on your ooni? or did you give up on it? i remember you had trouble getting it to max heat.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
A323CF85-33B3-4E65-AB95-C9E10B0E133E.jpeg

I’m bored so here’s a photo of my old grill. I used to grill on it, I still do sometimes but I used to too. Couple of old 22.5 lock ring wheels replacement Weber grills fit perfectly.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I am about to try and find a propane cabinet smoker locally...wife actually wants to try doing ribs and pork shoulder.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have the smallest weber you can get. It uses the small camping propane bottles. Small means it heats up super quickly. I can put it in the garage and even take it with me in the car if I want. I can sit in my lounge bench and grill.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
hey speaking of burning stuff, any updates on your ooni? or did you give up on it? i remember you had trouble getting it to max heat.
I have had great success with it. It is by far my favorite cooking toy. I'm pretty sure my issue was the outside temp being in the teens.
I am going to research using coal as a winter fuel :brows:

Last edited: