Quantcast

Propane shortage in Connecticut

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The two propane tanks for my grill have been empty for about a month, and hardware stores can't sell me refills because there is a propane shortage in the state. Propane is only being sold to people who use it for heating.

:disgust1:

Having to use my stove and oven every day sucks.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
there's gotta be some blue rhino distributor near you, no? they've already got the 20# cans filled, so they can't help the people who need their larger tanks filled.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
The two propane tanks for my grill have been empty for about a month, and hardware stores can't sell me refills because there is a propane shortage in the state. Propane is only being sold to people who use it for heating.

:disgust1:

Having to use my stove and oven every day sucks.
Don't you work in Massachusetts? Bring the tank with you and get exchange it somewhere.....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
got home, and it was about 7F outside...went outside to my grill (on a beautiful deck, btw), started it, and went inside.

5 min later, tossed the steak on the searing hot surface.

4 min later, flipped it.

4 min later, took it off.

after letting it rest for ~5 min and re-heating the sweet potato, i was digging into a delicious steak dinner.

try that w/ a charcoal grill. :P

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Don't you work in Massachusetts? Bring the tank with you and get exchange it somewhere.....
I don't like the idea of a propane tank sitting in my car for 10 hours. It's probably harmless, but it just makes me feel uneasy.

Anyway, I have a charity bowling thing in Chicopee tomorrow morning. I'll bring a tank with me and hopefully find a propane dealer in the area.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Freedom is all about driving too fast and smoking with explosives in you car. Screaming the occasional yeehaaw is optional.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm no so much jealous that you are bowling but jealous that you have the opportunity to rent shoes.