Quantcast

***Proper Saturday GMT Title***

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Helping my neighbor to replace the BB on his road bike. Who came up with this f***ing Pressfit sh!t? When tryin to punch out the BB only the bearings came out and the plastic cups stayed in the frame. FTS! :banghead: :rant:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Helping my neighbor to replace the BB on his road bike. Who came up with this f***ing Pressfit sh!t? When tryin to punch out the BB only the bearings came out and the plastic cups stayed in the frame. FTS! :banghead: :rant:
There's a special tool for it. Looks like a headset remover but size for bb

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I know, but I will never own it because I only have threaded BB bikes (minus the DJ, which is Spanish BB). Bearings were half disintegrated anyway, so not sure if that would have helped. He rode the bike until the right side crank nearly touched the chain stay because of wobble. Bike maintenance is not his strength.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rough night for Hannah as the drug wore off in cycle. She's currently sleeping on the floor now that she has some Tylenol in her. No ski today because Haley's been sick all week. Going to be a 'Yay!' kind of day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dog was barking at coyotes and at noisy neighbors a few times in the night...sleep was not optimal.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
interesting....i thought i had bought the beatles "abbey road" off itunes the other day....which would make it the first beatles record i have ever listened too.....upon further inspection....it is a 2019 mix with the abbey road cover....wtf....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today is a non-eating day. Tomorrow, what with going skiing, I probably won’t get around to eating until dinner. Good thing I still have ample fat stores upon which I can live!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My electro horror punk cover project is getting a public debut. A DJ friend gets a kick out of it, so she’s gonna spin two tracks today. They aren’t even finished, but that’s sorta the spirit of this project.
Penis Massacre is happening.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Espresso and reheated pepperoni pizza for breakfast in the camper this morning. Ruth is off to a judges training in Sacramento today and I am over at the Equestrian center taking care of her horse. She is a Demo rider for Freestyle at the Symposium tomorrow. My job today: take the horse and the dogs out for multiple walks, drink beer, eat, surf the web. Tonight we go out for Mexican food. Win

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I would not do well going for a ride without fuel
Once one gets “fat adapted”, as in either beta oxidation of fatty acids directly or formation then use of ketones indirectly, then it’s really not a big deal. I bike commute, mountain bike, ski (and downhilled once this season) in a fasted state.

I read a study on ultramarathoners recently as well, not that I’m doing any running myself. Point of that was that these super long distance athletes are in ketosis due to their exercise, despite eating up to ~400 g carbs/day, iirc. @stoney sticks to something like 15 grams of carbs to ensure he stays in ketosis—he could relax on that if he just ran 50 miles a day.

:D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Once one gets “fat adapted”, as in either beta oxidation of fatty acids directly or formation then use of ketones indirectly, then it’s really not a big deal. I bike commute, mountain bike, ski (and downhilled once this season) in a fasted state.

I read a study on ultramarathoners recently as well, not that I’m doing any running myself. Point of that was that these super long distance athletes are in ketosis due to their exercise, despite eating up to ~400 g carbs/day, iirc. @stoney sticks to something like 15 grams of carbs to ensure he stays in ketosis—he could relax on that if he just ran 50 miles a day.

I have unintentionally fattened up for my thru hike. Only getting out once a month in November and only once or twice in December has not helped my fitness. Side effects of being a professional elf I suppose. Will lose some weight while getting back to regular training but I’definitely looking forward to eating massive amounts of food and still lose weight. Can you imagine consuming 3000-5000 calories per day and still lose weight ? Crazy...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

20g. And after 2hrs I need fuel if I don't keep something coming in. I usually eat small handfuls of macadamia nuts (2oz) or start my ride with one or two fat bombs (35g - 1pt butter/1pt coconut oil/2pt PB). That alone will get me going for another 2 hours. My intake is minimal and super fat heavy though. I'll take in 1k calories from fat within an hour and it won't cause and burnout like that much in GU packets would.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Use The Force.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have unintentionally fattened up for my thru hike. Only getting out once a month in November and only once or twice in December has not helped my fitness. Side effects of being a professional elf I suppose. Will lose some weight while getting back to regular training but I’definitely looking forward to eating massive amounts of food and still lose weight. Can you imagine consuming 3000-5000 calories per day and still lose weight ? Crazy...
When I swam competitively I was eating 8-10k calories a day

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
My electro horror punk cover project is getting a public debut. A DJ friend gets a kick out of it, so she’s gonna spin two tracks today. They aren’t even finished, but that’s sorta the spirit of this project.
Cool
Penis Massacre
"How about 'DickSmash?'"
"That's a bit crude. But how about..."

I officially DID STUFF and I am now sitting on my ass taking NATURAL MEDICINE.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
How about 'DickSmash?'"
"That's a bit crude. But how about..."
My collaborator and I were in a previous band which happened to have the initials PM. The CD that was pressed had “PM” on it instead of the full band name. My buddy said “that could mean anything... like Penis Massacre.” At that moment, we knew we found our future.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, chuckos!! I ran five miles, then I did an hour on the Kickr. Got the grocery shopping done as well, and now I am working on the laundry. Meanwhile, the wife is in Florida for a girls trip. I am OK with all of that, which in itself worries me a little.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
finally took my coffee grinder apart to clean it. it really needed it. however, I seem to have cross-threaded it upon reassembly, and I can't get it to budge anymore. Not even with a strap wrench will it budge. I popped it in the freezer hoping that cooling the components might get them to contract, but I am highly frustrated at the moment.

it's a compak k3 touch.

one of these:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
finally took my coffee grinder apart to clean it. it really needed it. however, I seem to have cross-threaded it upon reassembly, and I can't get it to budge anymore. Not even with a strap wrench will it budge. I popped it in the freezer hoping that cooling the components might get them to contract, but I am highly frustrated at the moment.

it's a compak k3 touch.

one of these:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I should sell an ‘artesanal’ kit with a hammer and some Plastic bags with skull graphics.
$200.
call it ‘paleo prep’ .
step3: Profit!

EDIT: I would call it “Hammer Time”, and it would be celebrity endorsed by the MC himself. Really appeal to the ‘neo-retro’ 80’s crowd.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I should sell an ‘artesanal’ kit with a hammer and some Plastic bags with skull graphics.
$200.
call it ‘paleo prep’ .
step3: Profit!
With the right graphics and typography that would be a Hipster's wet dream.

Or you could market a version targeted towards the cross-fit crowd. But instead of using a hammer they can simply smash the coffee beans into their sweaty foreheads. I can see the commercial now, dude smashes a bag, downs it, beats chest a couple times then flips a giant tire over while yelling hard enough to cause an aneurism.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Solid ride today. First real week back to work made me need it.

It was really satisfying to have my shifting working so well. Showed a buddy our jumpy trail (which he had ridden, but had forgotten). Much hooting was had despite the slop up higher.
DE6EBC75-F077-4239-90FA-2D8CCAC1AFD8.jpeg

Now, wife is at a baby shower, and both kids are at parties/play dates.

That means:
0E248D67-10A9-4140-A7A8-D94A6E92E0F6.jpeg

I picked up new shock hardware from the Commencal shop in Squamish yesterday. I should really be getting new DU bushings put in...

my old hardware is shredding my bushings these days.