Quantcast

***Proper Saturday GMT Title***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
finally took my coffee grinder apart to clean it. it really needed it. however, I seem to have cross-threaded it upon reassembly, and I can't get it to budge anymore. Not even with a strap wrench will it budge. I popped it in the freezer hoping that cooling the components might get them to contract, but I am highly frustrated at the moment.

it's a compak k3 touch.

one of these:
That's an expensive grinder to ugga dugga

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got on the road this morning at a time that I thought was early enough to be just ahead of the interstate ski traffic. gNope... wandered right in to a parking lot. Spent some time suffering and complaining about it, ultimately turned around and went home. Went for a ride instead... beautiful day for it, and a great ride. Might try skiing again tomorrow... or maybe not on a weekend day?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Got on the road this morning at a time that I thought was early enough to be just ahead of the interstate ski traffic. gNope... wandered right in to a parking lot. Spent some time suffering and complaining about it, ultimately turned around and went home. Went for a ride instead... beautiful day for it, and a great ride. Might try skiing again tomorrow... or maybe not on a weekend day?
What time did you leave?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I read somewhere that you need to have at least 7 million in fungible assets in order to move there, even with a ‘special skill’ visa.
not sure if it’s true..,but I don’t blame them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I read somewhere that you need to have at least 7 million in fungible assets in order to move there, even with a ‘special skill’ visa.
There is a needed skills list that allows for an easier process IIRC.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
There is a needed skills list that allows for an easier process IIRC.

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 9.20.52 PM.png

And that's without a NZ job offer, which is +50 points––I'd ideally work telerads for a US firm still, because loans are loans. I plugged in the 40-49 age range as well as this'd be in 2021ish if it goes down that road.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

View attachment 139996

And that's without a NZ job offer, which is +50 points––I'd ideally work telerads for a US firm still, because loans are loans. I plugged in the 40-49 age range as well as this'd be in 2021ish if it goes down that road.
It has been a decade since I last looked but my "skills" used to be on the list. Possibly not necessary as I can obtain a British passport, I believe NZ has Commonwealth reciprocity. Brexit could fuck up my ability to go to most of the industrial world.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Don’t piss off the immigration officer!
maybe what I was thinking of is becoming a citizen?

Requirements for Being Granted New Zealand Citizenship

As with Canada, the requirements for citizenship may not be as intensive as one would think:

• New Zealand residence;
  • At least 16 years of age;
  • Physically present in New Zealand for at least 1,350 days during the five years before your application, and for at least 240 days in each of those five years;
  • Ability to read and write in English;
  • Understanding the “responsibilities and privileges” of New Zealand citizenship;
  • Of good character; and,
  • Intention to remain in New Zealand if granted citizenship.
For residence see the whole visa bit above. If lacking such skills then you're probably thinking along these pathways:

Investors
  • There are two main investor visas for those wishing to establish residency:
    • Investor Visa
      • Minimum investment of $1.5 million NZD invested in NZ for at least four years;
      • Minimum of three years of business experience;
      • Settlement funds and/or assets of at least NZ$1 million;
      • Aged 65 or younger;
      • Able to read and write English;
      • At least 146 days in NZ for the last three years of the four-year investment period; and,
      • Evidence that funds are:
        • Not subject to any mortgage, lien, charge and/or encumbrance (whether equitable or otherwise) or any other creditor claims;
        • Acquired legally; and
        • Are transferable through the banking system.
    • Investor Plus Visa
      • Minimum investment of $10 million NZD invested in NZ for at least three years;
      • At least 44 days in NZ for the last two years of the three-year investment period; and,
      • Evidence that funds are:
        • Not subject to any mortgage, lien, charge and/or encumbrance (whether equitable or otherwise) or any other creditor claims;
        • Acquired legally; and
        • Are transferable through the banking system.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
How is it Sunday already? Fuck!
Also, I am too fucking old for fucking homeworks. :mad:
A week of job interviews and no booze make <- a dull boy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

View attachment 139996

WOOOOO!!!!

110, FTS, I'm out!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

View attachment 139996

195, however some of the points are unclear, i.e. I get 70 points for education maybe? - since I graduated before the cutoff year.