Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
crl.png

That's actually what it's supposed to look like at this age, go figure. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell, long days are long. Development has been put on full stop until we can all be learned on the shinny new toolset.

Still not sure how it will work. We have automation meetings with 30+ folks and of those, 3 of us actually do the things. I was told they got 10-15 licenses, so we shall see who of the 30+ get to use it for real. I am guessing at least the 3 of us, but it wouldn't surprise me if they skipped us. :rofl:

I am all for doing nothing sometimes, but this is getting silly. Keep telling myself "paid by the hour..."

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Left work at 4:30PM, hit the trails at 5:55. Rode a little over 14 miles, first half in effing heat, second half was cool and very nice. New fat-ass-coil and a little more preload on the Ribbon transformed the bike into a jumpy fucker, I like.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley stayed up late to watch Mars rise, but we don't have an Eastern view from our house, so that didn't work. We're able to see Jupiter and Venus though, so still a win.

Side note: Kirkland bratwurst are pretty good; definitely recommend.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Haley stayed up late to watch Mars rise, but we don't have an Eastern view from our house, so that didn't work. We're able to see Jupiter and Venus though, so still a win.

I got this the other night...
20180718_211717.jpg

Edit- that's not a Kirkland bratwurst

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I had my telescope out the other weekend and saw Jupiter and 4 of it's moons

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I had my telescope out the other weekend and saw Jupiter and 4 of it's moons
I really need to get a nice telescope... I'll work it into the budget.

Tell us a story Uncle Stoney! Tell us a story!!
I just have zero patience for people who can't look past right now. "My returns aren't as good as they were right now; I want a refund of fees!" Hey uh, you do realize last year was an absolute outlier and we can have a 0% RoR for the next 2 years and still be above average return for the S&P, right? Oh, and comp'd to the market, you are actually up. Would you prefer to be down or in-line with the mkt vs. up after expenses? I don't want to hear you calling me upset that you lost a ton of money because you told me to crank up your risk to chase return when it all goes boom, despite me telling you it was a horrible idea.

Pretty much, I do this for a living. I've been doing it for 15 fucking years and at a level that would break your brain if you wanted to go into the weeds with me. I might, MIGHT know what the hell I'm talking about. I'm not an engineer telling you how to build a bridge. I'm not a truck driver telling you how to drive your truck. I don't know how to do those things. I know this and I know it well. You don't know this, because if you did, you wouldn't be calling me in the first place.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

I just have zero patience for people who can't look past right now. "My returns aren't as good as they were right now; I want a refund of fees!" Hey uh, you do realize last year was an absolute outlier and we can have a 0% RoR for the next 2 years and still be above average return for the S&P, right? Oh, and comp'd to the market, you are actually up. Would you prefer to be down or in-line with the mkt vs. up after expenses? I don't want to hear you calling me upset that you lost a ton of money because you told me to crank up your risk to chase return when it all goes boom, despite me telling you it was a horrible idea.

Pretty much, I do this for a living. I've been doing it for 15 fucking years and at a level that would break your brain if you wanted to go into the weeds with me. I might, MIGHT know what the hell I'm talking about. I'm not an engineer telling you how to build a bridge. I'm not a truck driver telling you how to drive your truck. I don't know how to do those things. I know this and I know it well. You don't know this, because if you did, you wouldn't be calling me in the first place.
buttcoin futures

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

So I'm getting from this that I should put some more money in crypto?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Good story. And yeah...people are fucking morons.

On a positive note - it's still light in Jasper at 10:50pm.

And the Columbia Icefield is really fucking cool.
img20180719_225100.jpg