Quantcast

prophet or chase

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I’m going to be getting a new DJ/DS bike I’m considering getting the prophet 1000 or the chase 1 there both super pimp. I like the feel of hard tails but I also like full suspension. There both super pimp bikes. I’m 5.6 115 which bike you guys think would be better.

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
It's not bad at all... If you have a hardtail...get the prophet 4 cross if anything, but if you are using it more for dj's, just get the chase.

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
I have a Chase, I got it to learn how to DJ, and to mess around with it urban and skate park style. The bike is bad ass and so much fun. I've change the handle bars, the ones that it came with were too short and not enough rise for me. Since I've done that I am having a blast with it. Also the rims might be a little weak, but I've taken some hard landings (at your weight you should not have a problem). I am sure you will be happy with it if you decide to get it. I bought it in goergetown for a $1000 even, including the taxes, you might be able to get a better deal, especially if you buy a 2004. Don't really know anything about the prophet, but if you are not racing, you might want to go wtih the chase.

250ox

Chimp
Aug 4, 2004
Chicago
I also have Chase and the bike rocks I rode a prophet over the weekend and it's ok but I think the Chase is better

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
The weight ive seen of the prophets doesn't seem safe to me at all for djing/mtnx unless u are smooth. Hardtail.