Quantcast

Prophet

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
I am planning on getting a prophet mx, i just wanted your oppinion on how it rides uphill and just in general frail feel, i decided to go for it as i was trying a rm slayer, i liked the descending feel and the adlustable geo via the lockout shock ond wind down forks for climbing but just felt it was too much like a dh bike and i never needed all of the travel, so I thought about the prophet.

What i want to know is will it climb better (at about 31lbs or so) as its a single piviot id be woried about pedal bob compared to the slayer, also descending wise i want somthing thats abit tighter and a bike that doesnt do all the work for you but that i can throw oround rather than the charge through feel of the slayer but still with good geo, so ultimately will i just end up dissapointed that the prophet isnt so much aimed as ploughing through or will it be more what im looking for?(sorry thats abit vague but its hard to get my point across)

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Just got one, had a few rides on it. Check this thread for more info:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178719&highlight=prophet

As far as your question about plowing through vs. lighter/tighter/flickable, the MX definitely falls on the latter side. I've got the MX2 and it's a tight ride. The geometry is incredibly stable and confidence-inspiring on the DH but it's super easy to pick it up and move it around the trail as you want to. But it's got enough travel to soak up bigger hits when you need it to. I've been really pleasantly surprised by how nice this bike is.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Don't have an MX, but I've had a Prophet for almost 2 years now, and the thing can plow through rocks better than some of the other 'big' bikes I've owned while retaining the ability to climb like a short-travel FS. I've climbed for hours in Crested Butte on the thing with no desire to be on something with less travel.

ash3r

Chimp
May 7, 2007
It's called a platform shock... and it is your friend.

I have never experienced pedal bob or brake jack with my prophet.